XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Looks awesome. How did he get the logo white?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Insane...

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
That is sick! It's cool he let you take it home.

·
Registered
874 Posts
The more I see that 30 round mag the more it makes me want a 25 or 20 rounder instead. Terra can I just get a 20 or 25 round mag for mine when they finally ship?

·
Registered
531 Posts
The white logo is fingernail polish. Just dab it in the grooves then let dry. Use a Qu tip barely damp with remover to clean it up. I'm trying to find a bright enought red for the F. Any idea's. Fingernail polish isn't my expertise.

·
Registered
531 Posts
It shoots great so far...there is a little bit more muzzle rise than with the 16" but that is probably due to the KX3 (flaming pig).

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
looks good though I am usually not a fan of the pig on the end. Well executed build.

·
Registered
356 Posts
looks good though I am usually not a fan of the pig on the end. Well executed build.
It must still belch fire. That's a lot of powder and a short runway. Love to see some night fire pics.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I can only imagine the fire-ball. My 6.8 with a PWS on it throws a good little flame at dusk, never shot it in complete dark.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The white logo is fingernail polish. Just dab it in the grooves then let dry. Use a Qu tip barely damp with remover to clean it up. I'm trying to find a bright enought red for the F. Any idea's. Fingernail polish isn't my expertise.
For highlighting engraved items, I have had some good success with automotive touch up paint (available in Wal-Mart) - and even Testers Model Paint...

Torch Red would be cool, and Testers has some vivid reds.

I will tell you that unless it is fresh, it'll load up like nail polish - so as you know, the thinner it is, the better it flows. Oh yeah, I use a toothpick and let it flow in small little drops.

I had some good pics of my truck grill emblems that turned out awesome - so I'll see if I can find 'em to post.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
For highlighting engraved items, I have had some good success with automotive touch up paint (available in Wal-Mart) - and even Testers Model Paint...

I will tell you that unless it is fresh, it'll load up like nail polish - so as you know, the thinner it is, the better it flows. Oh yeah, I use a toothpick and let it flow in small little drops.

I had some good pics of my truck grill emblems that turned out awesome - so I'll see if I can find 'em to post.
I used Testors Model paint as well:

·
Registered
26 Posts

I used Testors Model paint as well:
I always wondered what you guys were using to do that. I always thought it was some special paint. I like the way you guys think, simple, yet effective!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts