XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I'm headed into town today - gonna go by the post office and mail out some stuff, and see if my package from Terra is there!

Here's the deal though.... I meant to hit "send / receive" on my e-mail, and accidentally hit "this is spam" instead. I know I killed off at least one e-mail asking for a bolt, although I did eventually fish the e-mail addy from the spam list. The message itself is GONE.

MY MISTAKE.

So what I'm gonna do is toss a couple in per envelope, and send 'em. If you want one, today is the day to ask (GRIN). Oh, and please keep me honest, if you're not on the list, send me a PM on this site. I'll check before I leave for the day, and get you one - I brought extra envelopes. I can't check my e-mail from work, so a PM on this site would be the best.....

Right now I've got one addressed to Alabama 36047, and one to The Republic of Texas 77566.

And since I can't remember who asked for one and who asked for two, everyone gets two. Just deal with it ;)

Anyway, sorry for the problems, it's my short fat fingers.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Hey Bravo, Thanks from LA...... lower Alabama. I did ask for two. Gunner :thanks:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Republic of Texas - don't laugh, people around here have bumper stickers about receding from the USA, and they get really serious about it. thanks, 2 will be just fine. ;D

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Republic of Texas - my father was a helo crew cheif at Ft. Hood, I was born in The Republic.

Even graduated from the #1 university in the country (per Washington Monthly) - right there in the heart-o.

There were a few things Texas did wrong - but 'ol Sam Houston was right in standing his ground. Even if it did make him the first governor to be kicked out of two states.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Bravo, Can I get a few? Just tell me how much to send you (put the beer thing in your profile and I can use that). I will need 6, enough for 3 XCRs. Thanks

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Az, sure thing. Just drop me a PM with your addy, I'll write it on an envelope now. And put a X3 on the inside (GRIN).

Next time I'm in town (could be a week or two) you got it. Don't sweat the cost. The ones I mailed out yesterday cost me $0.58 to send.

The thing is, I had to buy a package of 100 screws. That's more XCRs than even I intend to own ;D That cost all of $8 or thereabouts, so we're talking $0.08 for the screw? I'm not dabbling over less than a buck.

If I can help out, surely I do!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Uh, Tinman, when I made the reference "the #1 university in the country (per Washington Monthly) - right there in the heart-o".....

I was referring to Texas A&M.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’m guessing some of you should be receiving your barrel bolts about now, so I figured I ought to take a moment to make a comment about the work you’ll need to do on them.

As you can see, the cone comes to a sharp point. In comparing this to the factory-original bolt, you’ll see the standard bolt is a truncated cone. After comparing the depth of penetration into the barrel extension, I opted to truncate the cone on mine too.

This is a simple matter of holding the tip to a grinder for just a few seconds, or taking a file to the tip and knocking off the sharpness. In either case, you don’t need to remove much in the way of material.

I did purchase some bolts with truncated cones, and determined that they were too truncated – so don’t over-work the tips, it’s not necessary. Literally, this shouldn’t take more than a minute or so with a hand-file, or a few seconds on a grinder.

If you want pics of mine, I’ll see about getting one of those too. Fair warning though, I’m not sure when they’ll be posted. When I try to take a close-up picture, it’s all fuzzy and out of focus. These new-fangled digital cameras are nice for some things, but they sure ain’t a good 35mm camera with macro lens!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Bravo, Received my bolts (2) in the mail just now. Thanks a bunch. ;D What do I owe you for the bolts and I'll send you a check for them & postage. :thanks:

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gunner, don't sweat it - it'd cost you as much to send me a check as it did for the bolts and postage.

Consider this an early Christmas (not "seasons greetings" or "winter holiday") present.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sure thing - PM me your addy, next time I'm in town I'll drop 'em in the mail. I'm guessing I'll have to hit town in a week or less...... gonna send off OTHER Christmas presents LOL!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Bravo, Thanks much for the CHRISTMAS (that's exactly what it IS) present. Aren't we all a little tired of people telling us that Christmas might offend others. I don't do Ramadan but they can if they want to. And for those that don't believe in anything just enjoy the day off! ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Great thanks Bravo, got mine today and will install them this weekend. I'll grind both and make sure they fit so I have a backup handy.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts