XCR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just obtained a second hand XCR. My intent is to disassemble, clean (though it looks pristine) and thoroughly lube with Mobil-1 and run at least 300 rounds of American Eagle through it like I'm breaking in a new one. One problem has arisen though, everyone seems to be out of American Eagle. I can find PMC, Privi Partizan and some Lake City XM193, are any of these acceptably equivalent to the American Eagle for break-in?

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Break in ammo

I was just reading the posts about Militec and looked at their site. I had been using Tetra and liked it pretty well, but am just about out. I was just trying out Mobil-1 on my 1911 at the recommendation of a friend, so I have that on hand. But, having read the recommendations, I'l get some Militec and use that.

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Break in ammo

As to why Mobil-1 - it's because I was about out of Tetra and was whining about the cost of buying more Tetra to someone who then recommended Mobil-1 as his current favorite lube for his 1911. So I thought I'd try it.
I like the Tetra grease really well, especially the result of rubbing it in to a Tennifer finish then wiping off as much as I could. Seemed to really smooth thing up without attracting dust and dirt like regular machine oil.
Gun lubes seem to attract a lot of strong personal opinions, the equivalent of "tastes great" vs. "less filling".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.