XCR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 10% of the time, the round doesn't fully come out of the mag- the bolt pushes it against the front of the mag, and pushes the bullet into the casing. Does the XCR just not play well with the cmag drum?

·
Registered
53 Posts
In my experience the C-mag is not a completely reliable product when fully charged.

I've got three of them, and I like them, but I don't fill them past 80 rounds. The experience of others in leading me to this was that they had difficulty with getting the first few out, and the last few to feed. The C-mag has also reportedly been difficult to keep functional when it's in the least dirty.

They're neat devices, and useful within their limitations, but I'm not sure those limitations don't prevent them from being "combat ready" the same way the PKM or Thompson drums are.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, all I can say is I’ve used one for years now on my RRA AR15. LE. I’ve loaded it to 100 rounds, shot it and never had a malfunction in the least. Interesting to note it does not work well on an XCR. In fact, I am looking into buying an XCR and my plans were to use the C-mag with it. If it does not work well with it that would certainly go in the negative side of the decision list. Personally, I find the C mag a very well made item.... and many I know in the LE field rely on it.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
That's a sad day when LE has to rely on a 100rd magazine.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
That lets them miss 99 times.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Y'all is bustin' on CAPTDAN pretty good there...

But CAPTDAN - don't let a bad mag review dissuade you from buying an XCR!!!

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Aw shucks, I ain't bustin' on no one. I was serious.

I grew up in the country. Guns in school were commonplace, that's back when the gun rack in the back window of the truck was the norm. You could get 3-4 excusable absences for the various hunting seasons even. I remember one kid pulled a knife when he got the crap kicked out of him and then everyone jumped in. A couple weeks later everyone was friends again. Small town. The cops knew who everyone was anyways.

I've got a CMag I need to send back in and get fixed. Beta said they could fix it, bought it at a surplus store from most likely trashed DRMO goods. But it looked neat.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Not having used / shot one - I can't comment as to reliability / durability - BUT, in the following YouTube video clip, and about 1:33 - there is a soldier carrying one on his combat weapon in what appears to be Iraq.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
They are available through the supply system over here. I know a few units that have tried them just to be able to pring a little more fire power to bear should mass amounts be needed. I can't comment on the reliability of them. I know I would rather have 15-20 HK Mags.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts