XCR Forum banner

C-Products 6.8mm SPC mags?

8K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Carl AMG 
#1 ·
C-Products 6.8mm SPC mags? How are they? I want to know, the good, the bad, & the ugly.

Thanks

Jbpark

#2 ·
All I can comment on is the good. I have 4 of them, all work fine. I have never had any issues with them. I haven't had a chance to really use them "hard" but I have done a few mag dumps and they feed just fine.

I have heard that recently C Products stopped using the magpul 6.8 followers (or maybe magpul stopped making them). Either way, i am not sure how or if that effected the mags. They are supposedly still the same mag, anti-tilt and all.

Me, I like C Products mags. Larry is a standup guy and if for some reason a mag doesn't work for you he will replace it or refund you your money. He stands behind his product, no questions asked. it is hard to find people that do that these days.

#5 ·
I have 13 of the gen 1 6.8 mags....they all had problems. I sent them back quite a while later (CProducts blamed the gun and ammo at first).....after buying 11 Barrett 6.8 mags. It was NOT the gun or the ammo....solely the mags.

All that said, all 13 CProducts mags work fine now. However, the Barretts are the highest quality mags I own. If SHTF, I plan to use the Barretts....but they are also around $32/mag vs. like $18 for the CP.

Good luck,
Sean

#6 ·
I have 13 of the gen 1 6.8 mags....they all had problems. I sent them back quite a while later (CProducts blamed the gun and ammo at first).....after buying 11 Barrett 6.8 mags. It was NOT the gun or the ammo....solely the mags.

All that said, all 13 CProducts mags work fine now. However, the Barretts are the highest quality mags I own. If SHTF, I plan to use the Barretts....but they are also around /mag vs. like for the CP.

Good luck,
Sean
Where can you get the Barretts for $32?

#7 ·
$32 was before the craziness.....but then again, you could also get them direct from Barrett for $40.

I believe it was Cals Sporting Armory that had them for $32....I ordered a REALLY long time ago. :) It was so long ago, that at the time, CProducts wanted (and I paid) $26 a mag for the 25 rounders that didn't work. IIRC, they were $18 now.....just before election time.

HTH,
Sean

#8 ·
Some products are best to go directly through the manufacturer to get.I spoke with someone from C-products and they told me that they were not going to charge more now even though they could.Now hopefully they were being honest,only time will tell.What I do know is that I've seen the prices on their website and have seen other companies charging up to 10 bucks more per mag,and is only likely to get worse.Other things like example Yankee Hill picatinny accessories are cheaper through other vendors...it's screwed how some charge full retail while other don't,but that the hand we've been dealt.

#9 ·
Though I am having problems with my 6.8 kit and it's on it's way back to Terra to look at, I can say the 25 round SS C-Products mags I ordered directly from C Products this past fall seem to work fine. I did have one 18 round bought from a vendor that doesn't work but I'll be sending back to C products for a replacement when I get a chance.

I bought a couple 6.8 PRI 25 round waffle mags and they are very nice but will cost you a lot more than C products mags. I considered Barrett mags but never pulled the trigger. I wonder if anyone here could compare PRI to the Barrett mags? They seem to be in the same price range. What is the best SHTF 6.8 mag available?

#12 ·
I own 14 of the C-Products 6.8 mags and at this point I have used 7 of them. All 7 have been loaded to the full 25 rounds and have not missed a beat. Neither has the XCR for that matter. I did have one FTF but a second hit on the primer set it off so it was obviously an ammo issue not the rifle. Back to the mags; again not a single issue during the 175 rounds of SSA 110 grain Pro Hunter ammo I have fired so far.
At the time I purchased mine I ordered 3 for a buddy who has an AR in 6.8 SPC. He has shot many rounds through his three mags and is extremely happy with them. The price is right and they work so I trust the ones I have used so far.

Col Maddog :2rifle:

#13 ·
My 6.8 conversion is still on order, so I cant' say how these mags work in my XCR, but I had bad luck with the C-products 6.8 mags I had with my AR. I traded them off, rather than sending them in to be replaced. If the new ones work, I may have to try them.

As for the Barrett and PRI mags, they work. I've never had any problems with my early PRI mags and have some of the waffle mags too. They aren't cheap, but they are built tough for sure.

#15 ·
Is that with an empty mag or full with 30 rounds?

Here are some total weights of a couple of rounds. Not just bullets but complete rounds.

Remington 6.8mm SPC 115 grains OTM 266.2 grains/17.26 grams
Federal XM193F 5.56mm 55 grains FMJBT 179.3 grains/11.60 grams
SS109 IMI 5.56mm 62 grains FMJBT 186.7 grains/12.10 grams

I did not have any 7.62x39 to weigh, because I used the last of it at the March 1st shoot. So if anyone has a round and a scale, please add that info up as well.

#17 ·
I don't have any 6.8 mags or I would do this myself. So, here it goes. I am just looking at the 25-30 round mags only. What is the weight of 1st, any empty C-Prod, PRI, and Barret mags. 2nd any full C-Prod, PRI, and Barret mags. It can be in grains, ounces, grams, or pounds. Just be sure to label it.

I think it would be more useful if we kept it with just factory loaded ammo only. At least for now.

It is not a big issue. But just a side by side numbers comparison. If a few would pitch in. It would be interesting to see what the various weights are in a full mag and break down format.

Thanks in advance.

#22 ·
Here I just got these numbers in. To some this might be in the duh catagory. But in 6.8 only with Remington 115 grains OTM ammo. No 5.56 here.

Empty Cproducts 25-rd mag + Remington 6.8mm SPC-115 gr OTM = 21.22oz./ 1.33lbs/ .60kg
Empty PRI 25-rd Waffle mag + Remington 6.8mm SPC-115 gr OTM = 23.22oz./ 1.45lbs./ .66kg
Empty Barrett 30-rd mag + Remington 6.8mm SPC-115 gr OTM = 27.27oz./ 1.70lbs./ .77kg

#23 ·
Just ordered more Barrett mags from gotimegear. $37.99 each. That's the best I've found lately. I'm probably not going to get any more C-products stuff. I've seen too many negative reviews, and it's not worth the hassle. I can't afford to spend $40 on each magazine in ammo to make sure it works, and can't afford for the mags to malfunction when hunting hogs.

#24 ·
Not sure why people are having problems with them, maybe a bad batch? I run C products and they have been 100%. I just received 7 9mm mags from them yesterday and I am real impressed with the fit and finish. They are hard as hell to load, I will have to get a lula for them I think. I could only get 29 into it the first time I tried.

C Products are A+ for me.

#26 ·
Well, I ate my words and got two more. I had traded off all the C-products 6.8 mags I had, but decided to buy a couple and give them a second chance. Plus, they were a steal at $11.99 each. It will be a bit before I can actually shoot with them, but I'll be happy to report the results.

#27 ·
I finally got some Barrett 6.8 mags directly from Barrett. They look nice...certainly longer than a 25 round mag which is to be expected to handle 30 rounds. They are heavier gauge steel like the PRI waffle mags and slightly heavier than PRI because of the extra length.

One thing I noticed in looking at C Products, Barrett and PRI is that the PRI has the top front of the mag (by the bullet) notched out in a flattened U shape below the top of the follower. Both C Products and Barrett are cut straight across the top. Are all PRI mags notched out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.