XCR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received 3 mags from rguns. They load good but while i am stripping the rounds out the follower seems to stick and rounds just freefall out of the mag, I have done this 6 times and the follower still sticks.
By the way 1 mag works fine i can load 30 and strip out 30 no problem. Before i send the other 2 back any suggestions on what to do with sticky follower.

Thanks,
Action Lou

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I did however clean the mag on the inside and it seems to be better. I wish i had my gun it should be any day now. Just wanted to make sure i had the mags. You never know.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I would also try shooting them first. I bet you'll find that the recoil will be jarring enough to keep the follower moving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There was post on ar15.com about the c-product 7.62 mags sticking a little. Some were sent back, some were disassembled, cleaned, lubricated, and metal burrs taken off with light sanding.

·
Registered
331 Posts
There were some start-up issues.

1. When you get a 7.62x39 mag compare the front to an AR mag. The front being where the tips of the bullets are.
The 7.62x39 mag will be substantially lower. If it is not then send it back.

2. Load and empty the mag with 30 rounds 3 times before using. The follower may stick while unloading. This is normal.
While loading, it should not stick or jam after the third time.

You are now ready to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Even though it will be a bit before I receive my 7.62, I want to order mags now.

What is the most recommended mag capacity for the XCR?

I have checked the C Products site and see 5, 10 and 30 round mags. Are the smaller mags more reliable or are the 30 round mags equal performers? Can't see ordering 5 round mags, but I have used low cap mags from a bench from time to time, but rarely.

Ken

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Ken, I would honestly order whatever round count you want. The beautiful thing about C Products is that Larry will take care of you. He takes pride in his stuff and if something isn't working he will make it right. He really doesn't have crappy products out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts