XCR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
I've seen plenty of LCpls misplace their BLACK rifle. I hate to think about the amount of grief a fully camouflaged weapon would have caused...

IMO, camouflage for firearms is only needed from a long distance away. Up close it should be easy to spot. Big solid colors is the way to go, preferably in a color that matches what you are wearing. I would personally choose a predominantly brown colored rifle. If the SHTF, you will want to be camouflaged. A tool wearing full camo in an urban setting will stick out, but someone wearing dark khakis will blend in.

I should also mention that I think these spambots are getting better. This one has potential of being a real user.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I've seen plenty of LCpls misplace their BLACK rifle. I hate to think about the amount of grief a fully camouflaged weapon would have caused...

IMO, camouflage for firearms is only needed from a long distance away. Up close it should be easy to spot. Big solid colors is the way to go, preferably in a color that matches what you are wearing. I would personally choose a predominantly brown colored rifle. If the SHTF, you will want to be camouflaged. A tool wearing full camo in an urban setting will stick out, but someone wearing dark khakis will blend in.

I should also mention that I think these spambots are getting better. This one has potential of being a real user.
What, putting the sling around one's ankle isn't taught anymore? Caught a few Gunny's trying to swipe my rifle!

EDIT** while in the field.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts