XCR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got word that a bill has been brought forth in parliment today that would scrap the long gun registry in Canada. I have waited for this day for many years. But it is only one step in the right direction. Should find out next week if it passes but it was recieved well with a standing ovation in parliment.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
How much does land cost out there? I may be moving to Canada soon if things keep going in the direction they are here.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Land cost can vary greatly. You would have to do some searching around. Where I live its really expensive.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
What about the rules on barrel length for non-range shooting?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope sadly those aren't included in the bill. But they are eliminating the needs for authorization to transport in this bill. Meaning I don't need permission to take my restricted firearm to a range. I can just take it there or any other place I wish (that is a legitimate place ;D)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Smitty to you live in English Canada or French Canada?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
English Canada man. Alberta to be precise.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thats cool man, just seeing is all, you know how them french are LOL.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just ordered a Norinco Type 97 5.56 bullpup rifle to celebrate heh.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
That is great news, hope it passes. I just wish they would make it so I can drive through there on the way to Alaska with my guns. I have only made the trip once but I hate not having a gun with me (pistol to be precise).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts