XCR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've put around 600 rounds through my 6.8 XCR so far and after my last shoot I wasn't able to remove my barrel just as ShogunOfHarlem and I tried everything... wiggling, lube, and I even tried using a dowel rod ,just as ShogunOfHarlem had, with no luck. If anyone has any Ideas or anymore past experience I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
1) make sure your bolt is locked back. That's a common mistake, one which I do frequently. 2) make sure your barrel locking bolt is unscrewed enough to free up the barrel, 3) you can also try pulling the op rod assembly completely out of the rifle. 4) unscrew the locking bolt, and try tapping the barrel out with a rubber mallet.

It WILL come out. the only thing holding that sucker in there is the locking bolt - unless the piston or gas tube is somehow stuck to the gas block, thus holding it on.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
yep, pull the piston out, pull the locking bolt out all the way. It should just fall out.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Make sure you pulled the bolt and piston assembly out of the upper. I have had my old style gas block get a little "tight" on the piston making it a little more difficult to remove. That and make sure the bolt holding the barrel is loose enough. The first few times I played with it I thought it was loose enough and ended up needing a few more turns. If in doubt, pull it out.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yup sounds like you have a lip around that little hole that the barrel bolt goes into. Take the barrel bolt all the way out and look down the hole. If the barrel stops about halfway over the hole then it is a sure thing. Dunno how else it would come out other than tapping it out, which on mine, scratched the inside of the upper. Hope you get it worked out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts