XCR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those that say there is no media bias...Obama got his experiance questioned how many times? Was his religion questioned? How about any hardball questions at all?

Obama interview:
How does it feel to break a glass ceiling?
How does it feel to “win”?
How does your family feel about your “winning” breaking a glass ceiling?
Who will be your VP?
Should you choose Hillary Clinton as VP?
Will you accept public finance?
What issues is your campaign about?
Will you visit Iraq?
Will you debate McCain at a town hall?
What did you think of your competitor’s [Clinton] speech?

Palin interview:
Do you have enough qualifications for the job you’re seeking? Specifically have you visited foreign countries and met foreign leaders?
Aren’t you conceited to be seeking this high level job?
Questions about foreign policy
-territorial integrity of Georgia
-allowing Georgia and Ukraine to be members of NATO
-NATO treaty
-Iranian nuclear threat
-what to do if Israel attacks Iran
-Al Qaeda motivations
-the Bush Doctrine
-attacking terrorists harbored by Pakistan
Is America fighting a holy war? [misquoted Palin]

Nevermind the fact that Charlie Gibson has no fucking clue what the Bush Doctrine is. Sarah was correct in asking him to clarify since the Bush Doctine, if there really is such a thing, spans several issues, not just pre-emption

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
What really pissed me off not only was she misquoted,but when he asked her what her if she agreed with the "Busch doctrine" is and she basically asked him what he meant,he asked her what she thought it was.How fucking stupid is it to ask someones opinion of something that you can't even define yourself.If I were her,I would want to know what he thought it meant before I answered his question.Not to mention the fact this interview was edited,obviously for spin purposes.
I believe in free speech,but with any freedom comes responsibility.The modern media daily reporting can be as bad as running into a crowded theater and yelling fire or calling in a bomb threat.Their irresponsible and DANGEROUS behaviour is reprehensible.They share a large brunt of the blame when it comes to the current state of affairs we find ourselves in as a nation today,history will eventually hold them accountable.Remember life is a big circle and the shit they sling will eventually come round and slap them in the back of the head.I hope I'm around to watch.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
You will note that the News Media has failed to ask Obama of specificic accomplishments Obama has made. What exactly does he plan to do. Obama has been getting away with murder on all of this. :2cents:

·
Registered
331 Posts
I loved the way Sarah turned the "Bush Doctrine" question around.
I'm sure the media is happy they don't have to interview her for a while. She will not be easily duped.

Who is the Obama's VP again? Anyone seen him interviewed?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've been telling my Democrat friends this for years. "You guys lost me in 1992 when you picked Bill Clinton over Bob Kerry."

My thoughts on the matter then and now are, their candidate of choice was more concerned with protecting his bacon then he was about serving his country honorably. The guy they kicked to the curb is and was an honest to goodness hero, Navy SEAL, Medal of Honor recipient, and he dated Debra Winger ;D. If Kerry had been picked there would never have been any question about his patriotism or courage, nor do I think we would have had all the "wag the dog" issues that Bill Clinton had. As an example, when Bill Clinton was embroiled in the Monica Lewinsky scandal and his impeachment, three military operations were taking place within the same time frame, Operation Desert Fox, three day bombing of Iraq, Operation Infinite Reach, cruise missile attack on Afghanistan, and Operation Allied Force, a 78-day bombing campaign against Yugoslavia. With the benefit of hindsight, all of these were necessary military actions, the problem was Mr. Clinton again looked to be more concerned with saving his bacon at the expense of our military men and women, not to mention "innocent" civilians on the ground. It looked at the time that he was really trying to look more "Presidential." As I said, I don't agree with Bob Kerry's politics, but I admire him for his actions and I doubt we would have questioned the rationale of his actions during times of troubles.

Then the Dem's finally nominated a Vietnam Vet, the only problem was John Kerry couldn't stop bad mouthing the men he served with and the units he provided support to as a Naval Officer. As a vet myself and a current LEO I see administrators making goofy decisions all the time, that does not give me the right to publicly malign individuals that I serve with, all in the name of promoting my career. The exception is if I see someone I work with violate the law or policy, then all bets are off, I'm reporting it up the chain of command, and jumping it if necessary.

And trust me when I say this, I'm not too impressed with our current President either, but his administration has not bothered the one part of the Bill of Rights that the liberal politicians can't stand, the 2nd Amendment. I know New York, Chicago, Los Angeles et al can't stand the fact that the Constitution and the Bill of Rights applies to all Americans, including their "subjects" under their care, custody and control. But us "citizens" in "fly over country" can and will take care of ourselves, thank you very much. And on that note, there is a reason it is the "2nd" Amendment, our founding fathers considered it only second to our freedom of speech. But let us review our civics class, the 1st Amendment was written to prevent the establishment of an "official" religion, the free exercise of religion, the freedom of speech and the press, and the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

As I write this I'm reminded of a speech given by P.J. O'Rourke to the Cato Institute in 1992.

The Liberty Manifesto
by P.J. O'Rourke

The Cato Institute has an unusual political cause -- which is no political cause whatsoever. We are here tonight to dedicate ourselves to that cause, to dedicate ourselves, in other words, to . . . nothing.

We have no ideology, no agenda, no catechism, no dialectic, no plan for humanity. We have no "vision thing," as our ex-president would say, or, as our current president would say, we have no Hillary.

All we have is the belief that people should do what people want to do, unless it causes harm to other people. And that had better be clear and provable harm. No nonsense about second-hand smoke or hurtful, insensitive language, please.

I don't know what's good for you. You don't know what's good for me. We don't know what's good for mankind. And it sometimes seems as though we're the only people who don't. It may well be that, gathered right here in this room tonight,are all the people in the world who don't want to tell all the people in the world what to do.

This is because we believe in freedom. Freedom -- what this country was established upon, what the Constitution was written to defend, what the Civil War was fought to perfect.

Freedom is not empowerment. Empowerment is what the Serbs have in Bosnia. Anybody can grab a gun and be empowered. It's not entitlement. An entitlement is what people on welfare get, and how free are they? It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights -- the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery -- hay and a barn for human cattle.

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

So we are here tonight in a kind of anti-matter protest -- an unpolitical administration by deeply uncommitted inactivists. We are part of a huge invisible picket line that circles the White House twenty-four hours a day. We are participants in an enormous non-march on Washington -- millions and millions of Americans not descending upon the nation's capital in order to demand nothing from the United States government. To demand nothing, that is, except the one thing which no government in history has been able to do -- leave us alone.

There are just two rules of governance in a free society:

:mad: Mind your own business.
:eek: Keep your hands to yourself.
Bill, keep your hands to yourself. Hillary, mind your own business.

We have a group of incredibly silly people in the White House right now, people who think government works. Or that government would work, if you got some real bright young kids from Yale to run it.

We're being governed by dorm room bull session. The Clinton administration is over there right now pulling an all-nighter in the West Wing. They think that, if they can just stay up late enough, they can create a healthy economy and bring peace to former Yugoslavia.

The Clinton administration is going to decrease government spending by increasing the amount of money we give to the government to spend.

Health care is too expensive, so the Clinton administration is putting a high-powered corporate lawyer in charge of making it cheaper. (This is what I always do when I want to spend less money -- hire a lawyer from Yale.) If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free.

The Clinton administration is putting together a program so that college graduates can work to pay off their school tuition. As if this were some genius idea. It's called getting a job. Most folks do that when they get out of college, unless, of course, they happen to become governor of Arkansas.

And the Clinton administration launched an attack on people in Texas because those people were religious nuts with guns. Hell, this country was founded by religious nuts with guns. Who does Bill Clinton think stepped ashore on Plymouth Rock? Peace Corps volunteers? Or maybe the people in Texas were attacked because of child abuse. But, if child abuse was the issue, why didn't Janet Reno tear-gas Woody Allen?

You know, if government were a product, selling it would be illegal.

Government is a health hazard. Governments have killed many more people than cigarettes or unbuckled seat belts ever have.

Government contains impure ingredients -- as anybody who's looked at Congress can tell you.

On the basis of Bill Clinton's 1992 campaign promises, I think we can say government practices deceptive advertising.

And the merest glance at the federal budget is enough to convict the government of perjury, extortion, and fraud.

There, ladies and gentlemen, you have the Cato Institute's program in a nutshell: government should be against the law.

Term limits aren't enough. We need jail.

Semper Fi Cruzzer

·
Registered
331 Posts
In my early school days I learned that "politics" means "power."

Politicians are like the Tool Man; 'more power, more power.'

Politicians base their decisions on one of two things:
1. their ideology
2. their quest for power (for themselves or for their organization)

#2 scares me most.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
This statement commonly misattributed to Thomas Jefferson was actually spoken in Gerald Fords' August 12th, 1974 address to Congress. "Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases". That pretty much says it all.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The funny thing is that if you were in a coma for the last eight years and someone told you that government had ballooned along with the national debt while the constitution had been trampled upon, you would swear liberal democrats had been in office.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts