XCR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got some 30 round magazines in, I wanted to test them before I passed word around on anything. But I can confirm they're well built and initial impressions are good. The magazines are Israeli made steel magazines from E-lander, who manufactures them for the IDF.

After getting ten, I promptly checked all the followers and ensured I could not force them to tilt, then took one, beat it up, tried to pull it apart, drop tested it from 6 feet on concrete on the feedlips, tried to bend the feedlips with my hands, then chucked it off the side of the road down a canyon a few times on the end of some p-cord, before finally I ran over the unloaded mag with my '87 K10 truck both slow and fast. The tested magazine is still in fairly good shape and functions flawlessly. I'll take some picks of the magazine and post them when I get a new SD card for my camera. These things are thicker steel than the HK mags, welded well, and built like freaking tanks. They are a bit heavier than my P-mags or aluminum GI mags, but I don't have a postage scale to tell how much exactly, it's not much though, just enough to be noticable.

Mako took 3 days to process the order, and the free ground shipping took 5 more days. For 19 bucks a pop right now and actually being in stock, I thought I'd pass it along if anyone is wanting to pick up some mags right now without paying 2-5x normal value.

MakoGroup said:
A couple weeks ago the factory in Israel transitioned to round-the clock shifts to make enough magazines to meet demand in the US. We are getting daily magazine orders from distributors and large dealers, many orders for tens of thousands of magazines. We have magazines shipping to us from Israel daily - it is crazy.

We have been able to keep the magazines in stock, with only occasional backorders of a day or two.

The good news is that we are placing top priority on orders from individuals and small dealers - we will not cut the small guys out in favor of the big orders. We are also not raising our prices.

http://www.themakogroup.com/category_s/119.htm

If you order E-Lander mags, be sure to use the code FREE-GRND for free shipping on any order over .
I don't have a problem with people raising their prices when demand greatly increases, but I think E-lander made the better decision by increasing their manufacturing and supply to the US to meet that demand.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
296 Posts
yup, they are still shipping to us "little guys" (unlike magpul). Inline for 10.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Resurrecting this thread because this is a Mag discussion. I want to order PMAGs from My Southern Tactical for reasons. I don't hear too many complaints about PMAGs themselves and the XCR-L is supposed to be compatible with them. Are there issues with using PMAGs on the XCR-L? Is there a better model or brand of magazine that works better for the XCR? The XCR is a little special sometimes, and I don't want to create issues with using the wrong kind of 5.56 magazine in the rifle.

·
Registered
21,970 Posts
Resurrecting this thread because this is a Mag discussion. I want to order PMAGs from My Southern Tactical for reasons. I don't hear too many complaints about PMAGs themselves and the XCR-L is supposed to be compatible with them. Are there issues with using PMAGs on the XCR-L? Is there a better model or brand of magazine that works better for the XCR? The XCR is a little special sometimes, and I don't want to create issues with using the wrong kind of 5.56 magazine in the rifle.
They fit/function fine in all my XCRs chambered in 5.56.

·
Registered
23 Posts
They fit/function fine in all my XCRs chambered in 5.56.
Cool. Are mags for the other calibers (6.8, 6.5 etc) work ok as well? I always wondered if they would be too big for the magwell on the XCR?

On that note, I heard Alex Robinson had a problem with Magpul for some reason? What was up with that?

·
Registered
21,970 Posts
Magpul essentially copied the XCR's control layout.....And RobArms lost the court battle over the patent/copyright IIRC.

STANAG mags are STANAG mags.... the problem is more the shape of the rounds with 6.5G and 7.62x39 and 5.45x39's tapered cases.

6.8/.300 is generally pretty reliable in most STANAG brands.

Reactions: Chowwow
1 - 7 of 7 Posts