XCR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=490135

When you divvy up the cost per 100, these are about the cheapest slugs out there. I've shot loaded Armscor ammo awhile back, it shot fine for me so accuracy shouldn't be any better or worse than other 55gr FMJ's. I think these guys are in the Phillipines but I don't think they're linked to the Abu Sayyaf.

Midway also has Hornady 68gr BTHP's w/ cannelure on blemished bullet sale too. Match bullet with a crimp groove is all, still shoots fine. I just bought a bunch, $13.49/100. Make a lightweight forgery of Mk262 that'll shoot out of your 1/9 twist boomstick.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
That is a real good price. I saw those same bullets over on ARF and they were $280 shipped for the same deal. Not sure what midway is charging for shipping but I am sure it is close.

I am waiting on the blemish stuff to come down a little. Once it gets below $11/100 I will start buying it up. Until then, I have enough bullets to last a while.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Midway is shipping stuff pretty quick. I ordered a bunch of .22 LR ammo and a safe and it was delivered a few days later.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, they're about 4-5 hours away for me but even when I lived down in GA they still had stuff to me within a few days. They're a good company.

I don't know which slugs you're looking at Chris but they don't typically drop too much more in price because they're still selling. Wideners had a good deal on 6000 Hornady 55gr FMJ's for $420 shipped, US company so it stays in-house, but this is still a darn good price.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
When I was stationed in the Philippines, I used to hunt with Butch Twason (sp?) the President of ARMSCOR. We used to hunt everything from dove and snipe to deer, wild boar, duck and caribou as well as at the back street bars. ;D ARMCOR also owned Squires Bingham the company that made the .22LR copy of the PPSH Subgun years back. Tip, if you own one of those ppsh .22 copies DON'T remove the safety and fire it. It will shoot more times than once. :(

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Tip, if you own one of those ppsh .22 copies DON'T remove the safety and fire it. It will shoot more times than once
That would kindof nifty ,IF you could make it do it when you wanted too. ;)

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
I like the 55gr FMJ-BT that Winchester makes, it is fairly cheap and pretty dam accurate. Right now it goes for $75 per 1000 from Powder Valley. Also might to check out the .308 147gr FMJ-BT, about $150 per 1000.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I just got a couple of thousand 62-grain, steel-core penetrators from River Valley for, I think, $70 per K. New surplus, not pulled. They're not on their site, but when I called up the said they had them.

tk

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
How do you get a hold of these guys? Is it www.rvow.com? That website hasn't been updated in a few years. I am always looking for a new place to shop for components.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
How do you get a hold of these guys? Is it www.rvow.com? That website hasn't been updated in a few years. I am always looking for a new place to shop for components.
I tried calling them a couple of times, could never get anyone to answer the phone either. They are pulled bullets but prices is close to half off of even the cheapest new bullets.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Yeah the webiste is not very reliable. I called about the pulled bullets advertised on the web, but they were out. The ones I bought are not pulled, they're fresh, so they were a little more than the pulled ones advertised.

The best wasy to get them is by calling, 636-926-3076. They can be hard to get hold of, but they will call you back if you leave them a message. The woman who answered suggested calling them and find out what they've got in. Their primary business is moving large amounts of brass, so when they get in smaller batches of bullets (not sure what constitutes "small," since they prefer to sell tips by the thousand) a lot of times it doesn't make it to the website. She said they mostly get rifle bullets, but sometimes pistol as well. Mostly military stuff.

Oh yeah, I think they're about five weeks behind on orders (like everybody else).

tk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts