XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of the best place to buy an EOTech? Who has the best pricing?

·
Registered
981 Posts
GG&G has some good prices on their optic packages. I got an 512 with their patented accucam quick release lever and flip up lens covers all for 399.99.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
SPORTSMAN'S GUIDE 511- $359.97 (BUYER'S CLUB $323.97) 512-$399.97 (BUYER'S CLUB $359.97) I BELONG TO THE BUY'S CLUB BECAUSE I BUY ALOT OF STUFF FROM THEM. JUST ORDERED 512 TOTAL PRICE WITH $10.OO COUPON & SHIPPING $369.00

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure what model I am interested in. Actually I am leaning more and more towards Aimpoint. I love their ACET and Super ACET technology. Come on, you can't beat the 50,000 - 80,000 hours on a single AA battery.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hmm...i've played with them both....take this with a grain of salt....but I can afford either or both..

Eotech - Nice display / holographic technology (i.e. it DOES not matter what happens to the glass..it can break, crack, fall out...as long as there is a 1/4" piece left, even with cracks, then you will see the reticle). When I look through it, I can appreciate the $600 (for the 553 as an example, but heck it's the same display on the 511 for around $300).

Aimpoint - G.I. issue to the DOD. Made in sweden (eotech made in america..maine to be exact). Simple red dot that lasts a long time.

Now here is what drives me away from the aimpoint...when i look through a $35 aimpoint CLONE, i laugh at how close it truly is. When I look through a $100 eotech clone, I laugh at how FAR AWAY they are from even getting close.

Bottom line - the eotech is WORTH the money to me, while the aimpoint is overpriced for what it is...not that either is bad.

ULTRA bottom line - don't touch Botach.com with a 10 foot pole. If you order from there, just kiss your money and your respect goodbye. Don't give that moron money just to save $5. Please, do us all a favor and let that guy wither and die. Or how about this - if you insit on using him, then call him and talk to him and see how it goes :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hmm...i've played with them both....take this with a grain of salt....but I can afford either or both..

Eotech - Nice display / holographic technology (i.e. it DOES not matter what happens to the glass..it can break, crack, fall out...as long as there is a 1/4" piece left, even with cracks, then you will see the reticle). When I look through it, I can appreciate the 0 (for the 553 as an example, but heck it's the same display on the 511 for around 0).

Aimpoint - G.I. issue to the DOD. Made in sweden (eotech made in america..maine to be exact).
nope they're made in Ann Arbor, Michigan. ;)
Since 2001, L-3 EOTech has seen sales grow over 600% and appears to be continuing along the same trend in 2007. With this incredible growth comes the need for larger capacity and production capability. To supplement this need, L-3 EOTech has recently moved to a newly renovated, independent, larger facility on the south side of Ann Arbor, MI located at 1201 E. Ellsworth Rd.
http://www.eotech-inc.com/about.php

·
Registered
874 Posts
Anyone have a link to this Botech place I can't find their website.

·
Registered
549 Posts
#1 complaint - they list something in-stock, then don't bother to ship it for 3-4 weeks..don't respond to email or phone calls. Especially phone calls will make them mad, and probably end with them telling you that you are bothering them and slowing them down.

#2 complaint - handfuls of people have ordered high dollar items to end up on backorder list, with credit cards fully charged. These backorder lists have no ETA's and no refunds. Phone calls and emails are as above.

#3 complaint - call them and talk to them...then you will have your own list of complaints :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
My favorite goober on the internet is the one that frequents a forum that is 99% heresay. Thats the point.... Buy everything from them , but dont ask about a companies rep if you dont want to listen.

Another company that suxks? Rguns.net. Holy crap.. Fail!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts