XCR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are you guys using...i have pistols, shotguns,rifles...i would like to get some kind of all in one kit...i have a draw in my tool box i have been using, but its turned into a junk draw! i need to keep the gun stuff separate from the tools....any help would be appreciated....thanks

·
Registered
573 Posts
Otis makes some pretty neat cleaning kits that come in a small round zippered pouch. Convenient and not too expensive IIRC. I carry one in my range bag. 8)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im kinda looking to set aside an area just for guns...i seen a nice wooden box that when the top lid is opened it has a small gun stand, it had 3 or4 draws...it was like a work station....

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
The BoreSnakes are nice. I have some aluminum rods too.

But I've only cleaned the XCR once after the first couple hundred rounds, mostly out of curiosity. Haven't cleaned it since and have probably gone through a thousand rounds. I want to see how long I can go without cleaning it before it stops running at peak performance or something jams. I know some other guys on here have gone through thousands of rounds without cleaning and have yet to have problems.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Boresnakes for quick barrel wipe through.

Carbon rods with jags for deep cleaning. Then a selection of brushes, picks etc for deep cleaning of recievers, trigger groups etc.. Followed up by the usual oils and lubricants as well as solvents and such like.

I use a wooden, multi-drawer toolbox to store everything at home, and a small workbox for assorted tools and cleaning bits for the range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts