XCR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd share this with you guys. It's just a random blog (I guess that's the online term for a journal entry?) I wrote earlier. :)

It's surprising, how the little joys in life are the stuff that keep you going, no matter how tough it gets. It's silly little things... Oscar Meyer's liquidy brown eyes gazing up at me in adoration... Skeletor biting my ankles... Excited guinea pigs wheeking their heads off for carrots. I just love my animals so much. Whenever I am miserable, I bury my face in a soft, warm, wonderful little creature and I feel so much better.

Animals are so much better than human babies... granted, they might pee on your carpet now and again... or vomit hairballs into their dish of just-filled very-expensive food, but considering the amount of joy they give me, it's a forgivable trespass.

It's not just my animals, though. It's random things. The smell of chai tea - almost like pumpkin pie, filling my nose and my mouth with an aroma that takes me back to so many Thanksgivings. The grumble of my truck as it roars to life beneath me. Freezing in the morning, and hopping into a hot shower. Sucking in a breath of frosty fall air, perusing the millions of shades of orange, yellow, red, and fading, lemony greens.

I'll admit it. I am absolutely in love with life. It's ups, its downs, and everything else in between. Nobody has a perfect life... I certainly don't. But there are a million things to be grateful for and enjoy for every bad thing out there.

I am completely, unutterably happy. I have lived a great life so far. A tough one, sure. But every time I go home with my shoulders aching from another long day, that stitch of pain between my shoulders isn't an aggravation - it's a symbol of the good things I created with my two hands. And when my two hands throw together something delicious and melty, and I finally relax on my couch with my puppy's head on my lap... Well, hell, that's the closest thing to heaven on earth. Complete satisfaction.

Some mornings I wake up and I feel like my heart is going to explode with contentment.

Not everyone gets a good break in life. Growing up I had a harsh father, a wonderful mother, and 0 friends. But I'll be damned if I didn't love my childhood despite the loneliness and the cracks of the belt. Because, like I said, for every bad thing there is a million good things. I had food to eat, clothes to wear, an endless back yard that merged into mountains, and awesome siblings. We kept each other together through the hard times, and even though we are all grown now, I love them just as much.

Life hands you lemons, and sometimes it's impossible to be joyous about it. But when you feel like you're lost, find a reason to smile. There's a million reasons out there. And even if you can't seem to find your niche - work to make a niche for others. Whether it's helping others in need or just making beautiful things for others to enjoy.

Damn, I love life.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
The guinea pigs wheeking their heads off...man I miss those days. Love that word too, wheeking.

You should come over here and get a whiff of this place, you wont like the scents filling your nose then. It is glad to hear that you are loving life. If you can;t love life what can you love?

·
Registered
144 Posts
A positive outlook on life makes life more enjoyable. :D

A negative outlook on life makes life miserable. :mad:
People with a positive outlook on life usually live longer and happier lives. :toast:

So, therefore, get rid of all the negative things that you can in your life and if you can't get rid of them learn from them. :sniper:

Every day above the ground is the beginning of a good day no matter what the rest of the day may bring. :party:

I'm positive that this is a positive message! ;D

And if you don't like my message, I really don't care, but I do hope for the best for you. :2cents:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Terra that was beautiful.It is such a shame that not more people have your love for life,your appreciation for what you have,especially little things,and the lack of bitterness for what you don't,and your acceptance of the fact that while life can be hard,realizing it IS what you make of it.
I think some people need a reason to be pitied and need and excuse to fail.They don't take responsibility for themselves,for their own happiness,because either they were never taught that by their parents,or they are to lazy to try.The decay of the family,which is the building block of any successful society,leads to moral deprivation and ultimately the destruction of that society.We are on a course just like the Romans were,and if it's not already too late,need to try to reverse it.
Anyway I won't try to bore anyone with my rantings of philosophy.I'm glad your happy and wish more people were.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts