XCR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Offering $300 plus your choice of a folding M4 stock adapter or a Life Industries pic rail adapter.
EDIT: just closed on a deal pending reciept of stock, thanks for the responses everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,417 Posts
Do you want the one with the sling loop on the side or the swivel QD socket in the bottom? Obviously what you have pictured is the side sling loop. I'm also assuming you want the standard LoP....some were 'entry' models that were IIRC, 1" shorter.

Reactions: xbjohnson

·
Registered
22,417 Posts
For AK guys, RA should do a run of these with an adapter to mate to the rear trunnion on an AK (pistol and rifle versions).....it really is a much better, all metal tube stock , than anything else out there. Light weight, good lock up....simple design. Could be adapted to a LOT of firearms with some relatively quick rework (in the age of 3D printers) for design.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Do you want the one with the sling loop on the side or the swivel QD socket in the bottom? Obviously what you have pictured is the side sling loop. I'm also assuming you want the standard LoP....some were 'entry' models that were IIRC, 1" shorter.
Good questions, what is the LoP on the standard model? I'm having trouble finding info on these, but I may be in the market for an entry length depending on the exact LoP. As for the sling loop, what do you recommend? I'm inclined to say QD but am open to either. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
22,417 Posts
Good questions, what is the LoP on the standard model? I'm having trouble finding info on these, but I may be in the market for an entry length depending on the exact LoP. As for the sling loop, what do you recommend? I'm inclined to say QD but am open to either. Thanks in advance.
Honestly not sure on length. I can see about measuring one, but true LoP is measured from the trigger to the butt pad (I don't currently have one mounted on an XCR) and the "entry" one was just 1" shorter. You can easily take a standard LoP stock and cut the two tubes down, redrill them for the roll pin, trim the neoprene pad and reinstall (I've done that in the past on one or two of mine).

As for the sling loop: Are you putting it on an XCR? If so, I'd recommend the QD one.....if you have a choice (not sure how many of these will be floating around).....the cast-in sling loop tended to hit me in the teeth on recoil with even a 5.56 XCR. If adapting to some other platform (have one on a VEPR 12 shotgun myself), then it may still make sense, but generally speaking, the QD socket style is more useable (IMO).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly not sure on length. I can see about measuring one, but true LoP is measured from the trigger to the butt pad (I don't currently have one mounted on an XCR) and the "entry" one was just 1" shorter. You can easily take a standard LoP stock and cut the two tubes down, redrill them for the roll pin, trim the neoprene pad and reinstall (I've done that in the past on one or two of mine).

As for the sling loop: Are you putting it on an XCR? If so, I'd recommend the QD one.....if you have a choice (not sure how many of these will be floating around).....the cast-in sling loop tended to hit me in the teeth on recoil with even a 5.56 XCR. If adapting to some other platform (have one on a VEPR 12 shotgun myself), then it may still make sense, but generally speaking, the QD socket style is more useable (IMO).
Okay, with this information, I'd say I'm ideally looking for a standard length, with the swivel QD socket on the bottom, not the side. And I'll be mounting it on an XCR. Do you have one?

·
Registered
22,417 Posts
Okay, with this information, I'd say I'm ideally looking for a standard length, with the swivel QD socket on the bottom, not the side. And I'll be mounting it on an XCR. Do you have one?
I do, but I'm not sure I want to part with them b/c I want to eventually use them to SBR AKs. As I said, they are the best stock out there for that application. I was just more steering you towards the best alternative of the different types.

Any reason why you aren't doing a FAST or the ACR stock and XCR adapter?

While the FAST could be improved, it's still a pretty darn good stock.....and people really like the ACR stock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The standard length of pull is 13". Mine has the QD on the bottom and the cast on the top rear.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts

Sean, if you would quit smiling when shooting your XCR, it would quit hitting you in the teeth!

Reactions: Sean K.

·
Registered
22,417 Posts
Sean, if you would quit smiling when shooting your XCR, it would quit hitting you in the teeth!
Hard to do....the XCR brings a lot of joy. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do, but I'm not sure I want to part with them b/c I want to eventually use them to SBR AKs. As I said, they are the best stock out there for that application. I was just more steering you towards the best alternative of the different types.

Any reason why you aren't doing a FAST or the ACR stock and XCR adapter?

While the FAST could be improved, it's still a pretty darn good stock.....and people really like the ACR stock.
I really appreciate the info. There's so much history to this system that I'm still learning about. I have an ACR adapter, and I could easily get a FAST at a later time, but since these classic folders aren't being made anymore, I figured I'd snag one now before they get too much rarer. As you know, many people are reluctant to part ways with them. I have a feeling they'll become fairly collectable before too long. Also I like the aesthetic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts