XCR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I don't know if this is normal, but when we were shooting this weekend, my buddy noticed that you cold see the gas from the front of the gun every time I pulled the trigger. After he said that I noticed it as well, so is it normal to be able to see the gas when the round is fired??? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
923 Posts
What type of ammo were you using ?

I have seen something similiar when using Silver Bear around dusk, it did not happen with better ammo.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
a little gas might just be leaking from around the dial. A little is normal. Unless you are having cycling issues, there's nothing wrong with it. Any XCR owner can look at the top of their barrel, just under the dial (on the top of the barrel), and see a little carbon buildup from a little gas leak.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Also the gas tube vents right there so it would make sense to see debris.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NO didnt have any brass problems, shooting 55 gr ammo from BVAC. inc. It is steel core type ammo. I also turned my gas adj to 2 since I passed the break in period. It even cycled wolf and still adjected the cases 10-17 ft. So if it is normal then :rockon: what should you shoot wolf ammo on, gas adj that is...

·
Registered
923 Posts
NO didnt have any brass problems, shooting 55 gr ammo from BVAC. inc. It is steel core type ammo. I also turned my gas adj to 2 since I passed the break in period. It even cycled wolf and still adjected the cases 10-17 ft. So if it is normal then :rockon: what should you shoot wolf ammo on, gas adj that is...
I shoot my cheap ammo on either 2 or 3 I go as low as I can making sure it will still cycle perfectly.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I shoot my cheap ammo on either 2 or 3 I go as low as I can making sure it will still cycle perfectly.
On hot days, I could get Wolf to work on even 1, but when it's cooler, 3 seems to be the most reliable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts