XCR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Honestly, if the law was coming for any of us in force (unless we were already gone, had the entrances lined with defensive explosives, and/or had the gun-fu of John Wick), we'd end up like Breonna Taylor if we put up any armed resistance regardless of what we're packing. Maybe that's just me, but the fantasies that I harbor involve lots of women who are too beautiful to exist in this world and not meaningful last stands.
Unfortunately, I'd call it a foreseeable future rather than a fantasy. Look at what's going on in Australia. It didn't take them long to go from disarmament to a totalitarian state. They're going in to houses and arresting people for inciting for posting support on Facebook for anti-lockdown protests. They're arresting people for going outside, which just happens to be safer than staying inside with others. Police here don't get the support they deserve for dealing with the dirtbag criminal predators that they encounter. At the same time, the majority of them wouldn't quit when ordered to do the same things that their Australian counterparts are doing. Love them for what they do, but fear them for what most would be willing to do.

That's really cool, I wonder where I can install that in my house without people tripping over it. I just hope it's not the law coming in with a breaching shotgun or a truck-mounted battering ram when I have it.
It looks to me that if the base is kept really close to a door threshold, it wouldn't be likely to be a tripping hazard. I can see the base being an issue on an inside door. I think they key to it working as designed is how well the base is secured to the floor. If the screws are just threaded down in to wood, I don't think they'd hold very well. If they're threaded down in to cement, I'd bet they'd work very well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts