XCR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know Robinson has many projects they're working on, and for the forum I thought it would be nice to have a consolidated list of their progress in general forum.

We all know delays are the name of the game in the firearms industry, and that setting dates usually leads to disappointment, so how about estimations in % complete or very conservative timetables? It's been awhile since a good update discussion, so fill us in Terra and Alex, wow us with a company progress report 8)

.308 XCR

7.62x39 Conversion

6.5 Grendel Conversion

Future Conversions (5.45x39, pistol calibers, .22)

XCR PDW

Match Trigger

"Scar" Stock

Gasblock Sight

Anything else we don't know about

·
Registered
48 Posts
Maybe some of these could be made by aftermarket sources...like AR parts.
There would have to be a tipping point for a business to do this other than RA.

There have been almost 2 million semi-auto AR made in the last 40+ years.

That is an awful lot of customers, in addition to the almost 10 million M-16's, in all variations.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I learned in business a long time ago:

under-promise and over-deliver

You can see how many people become jaded when you do the opposite.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
the over primising and under delivering has been really annoying!

·
Registered
312 Posts
under-promise and over-deliver

I think that's called the "Scotty philosophy" as in 'Scotty' from original startrek.
eg: "It can't be done Captain...so I'll have it in an hour."

hahaha

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I don't need a big update, I just want a roughly 8" (certainly less than the 10" mentioned) PDW!!!!!!
Especially since a PDW contract was recently opened by the gvmt. I heard that remmington (bushmaster) is looking at building a PDW M-4 with a 7.5" barrel, not sure if it will be piston or not.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I can understand your frustration, hopefully the delays will be worth it and it will work as flawlessly as my 6.8 kit.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I hope RA is doing ok financially. Paying in full for products that haven't been delivered is worrying. Hopefully it's not a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Too smart!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I try to caution people against prepaying... lessens the disappointment that comes with long waits. Sorry guys. :-\
Yeah, I think I'm done prepaying for something that is not shipping.

I'm often amazed at what was done in the past on such short schedules in a time of need. In this era of CAD/CAM etc, it often seems like things take even more time.

John Moses Browning often took years to perfect projects and usually had multiple things going on at once. Looking at what Alex has on his plate I can see things suffering a similar kind of fate. The PDW is probably sitting in the back of the safe. The trigger and stock are probably not getting any attention right now. 308 is floating around in CAD.

Hopefully there is a strong push to get the 7.62x39 and 6.5 out the door. Having 4 calibers shipping will be an impressive feat and hopefully give the XCR some new attention.

Just like me on my farm. I'm usually better off with fewer projects ongoing at one time.

·
Registered
431 Posts
When I really, really, want some thing thats not due for a long time, I try to forget about it and find a current intrest. One day after its been out of my memory I see it in a store or online or I just remember and it makes me smile a little. :)
Remember patience is a virtue...
I keep hearing about broken promises, what promises have they broken about the XCR? I honestly dont know.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
My last purchase weas between whichever came out first, 556 or FS2000. FN got the cash. Now it's between the XCR-M or the SCAR. winner takes all. In the meantime I tend to buy something else like a 556 just because I'm bored. For me the gating factor for RobArm its the new trigger. But then I'm pickey about triggers. Others will have their own quirks that they are waiting for,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts