XCR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how much a stock 5.56 caliber XCR weighs? Can't seem to find it on the web site. Also on the order page under stock options it lists "M4 Adaptor (No Stock)" Is this an adaptor so you can mount any M4 compatible stock or am I way of course?

After shooting my friends XCR thread is here: http://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,876.msg12814.html I noticed I liked the Teliscoping stock on his M4 better then the XCR's folding stock. If I buy a standard XCR how easy is it to change to teliscoping stock later on?

Thanks,

Heber

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Can't help you on the weight, at least not right now. If someone doesn't have it off hand I can probably strip everything off mine and weigh it.

As for the stock, if you buy the M4 adapter with no stock then you are getting the piece that will allow you to mount any AR stock on there.

If you buy the standard stock now it is very easy to swap to a different stock later, just a bolt to remove. Depending when you are going to buy they may have the new stock out that they are working on. It sounds like it will be a nice stock, search around on here to find out about it (sorry no pics yet).

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Heber,

The XCR weighs 7.5 lbs empty.

the M4 Stock adapter is meant to put any standard M4 stock on, yes. If you have a fixed stock you will need the entire M4 Hinge Assembly. If you already have a folding tube stock, you only need the adapter. :) the adapter is only $55, available from me or the website. ;D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks aziator, I'll keep an eye out for that new stock.

Terra, thanks for the information. I'm really impressed with all the factory options you guys have. How much weigh does the 16" Heavy barrel add to the XCR? The AR15 I've been eyeing is 7.9 pounds with the 16" Heavy barrel. Thanks,

Heber

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Does that AR with a heavy barrel include a full length rail in that 7.9 pounds? That is one thing that needs to be factored in, any XCR you get is going to have a full rail system built in.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I think I saw a post by Terra were she said the only real difference between the light and the heavy barrel is 6oz and $50 so that would put it around 8 pounds. Between the two I would recommend the XCR, I have a friend that has almost the same rifle as the DPMS except it is made by Bushmaster, my XCR can do better than it does any day.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I had a lo pro classic a few years back and it was an accurate rifle. If you are going to shoot little groups from prone with a bipod or bench rested, then get the DPMS. If you are going to do anything else with it, go with the XCR as it will do much more and eat a wider variety of ammo and from a wider variety of mags.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Looks like the DPMS doesn't have any type of rail system, at least from the link you provided. I am talking about the rail at 3, 6, 9 and 12 o'clock. Looks like the DPMS has conventional handguards.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like the DPMS doesn't have any type of rail system, at least from the link you provided. I am talking about the rail at 3, 6, 9 and 12 o'clock. Looks like the DPMS has conventional handguards.
The rail on the DPMS is only on the top of the receiver. It's not listed on their website only "Sights: None (mounting optics only)". So maybe it's just called a Scope mount? LOL!! Doh!

Heber

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a lo pro classic a few years back and it was an accurate rifle. If you are going to shoot little groups from prone with a bipod or bench rested, then get the DPMS. If you are going to do anything else with it, go with the XCR as it will do much more and eat a wider variety of ammo and from a wider variety of mags.
Little groups from a Bench rest is part of the reason I have been looking at the the DPMS, it's also relatively inexpencive and highly customizable. Not to get to off topic, How was the recoil of your Lo-Pro Classic compaired to the XCR and do you still have it? Thanks,

Heber

1 - 11 of 11 Posts