XCR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are looking for a molle carrier that can carry soft body armor and plates, you might give the Condor Tactical unit a look. I just got mine in today and it looks real good so far. I tried it on and it fits me like a glove and much better than my issue IIIA vest. The side pockets for the mags are actually useful and I carry two mags on the left and my radio on the right. I did have to cut the stitching between the front and rear mag pocket as a PMAG was never going to fit otherwise. Even doing so, the mags don't rattle and there is no way they can come out with the elastic tabs over them.

With my concealable armor and the carrier with a front plate, I am 1/2 half pound lighter than my IIIA vest without a plate. Coverage wise, I do loose a little bit on the sides and extreme upper end, but other than that it is a wash. I will be adding buckles to the Condor model for a groin protector.

I will caution that it does seem to run on the large side as other people have posted on the net. I am 6'2 205 and with my concealable armor on and the palte in, it fits very very well around the waist, but it is about as small as it can go. If you have less than a 36 inch waist I would imaged that it would be big on you (although there was a guy on AR15.com that cut a couple inches off of both side panels and it fits him at 5'8 and 26-28 inch waist by looking at the pics). Height adjustment looks good as I had to loosen the shoulder straps to get it to sit above my waist so someone smaller should be okay.

We actually have training tonight so I will get a better idea of how it works but so far so good. I like that I can carry what I carry now (except for a canteen and pistol mags) in the built in pouches. It really lowers my profile and I feel so much smaller. The mag pouch will be an easy addition.

The vest is real comfortable in all shooting positions as well. With my issue vest it tends to ride up and hit the back of my head in prone or my chin in a good kneel. This vest stays put and I can get into every position I know with no restriction -- a huge plus if you ask me.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Sounds like a decent vest, can you take some pics sometime?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try to get pics some time. I can tell you after wearing it for a full day I am even more pleased with it. It was very comfortable and carried everything I needed. The built in mag pouches worked well in range drills. Mobility was very very good--best I have had so far in a "tactical" vest.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's some in action pics from a recent training day:

In this pic I am the one on a knee

I am the one in the camo helmet in the next two

I am the one on the left

I have added some extra buckles to the side from tactical tailor to take load off of the velcro.

The shoulder pads my wife and I made out of some extra small mil surplus groin protectors. The groin protecter is a mil surplus large and the ballistic collar is a protech. So far it has proven to be a pretty good base.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts