XCR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to top load an XCR or do you have to remove the magazine to separate the halves?

thanks

vinz

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Vinz, there is no stripper clip guide on the XCR. Without a stripper clip guide you would have to "single load" loose rounds through the ejection port. Good luck on that one, I don't see that as a viable option. :2cents: Just drop the empty/problem ? mag and grab another to be back in action in the minimum time. Don't have another mag? In that case drop the mag, insert clip guide, charge mag, insert and drop bolt. Still faster in my estimate. :2cents:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Gunny,

The reason I ask is my friend bought an internal mag-ed carbon-15 and he has to break down and load the mag one by one. Was wondering if it can also be done with the XCR. Can you pop the rear, open the upper and load the mag?

Some ranges are not OLL mag drop friendly around here.

vinz

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Thanks for the reply Gunny,

The reason I ask is my friend bought an internal mag-ed carbon-15 and he has to break down and load the mag one by one. Was wondering if it can also be done with the XCR. Can you pop the rear, open the upper and load the mag?

Some ranges are not OLL mag drop friendly around here.

vinz
vinz, would you be in California? If so buy the CA model XCR!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Col,

CA version yes but thats the only way they come my way. :)

Yes, Im in CA.

Stupid I know.....Im just wondering if it is possible??

vinz

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I guess you could pull the front pin and seperate it at the range if you wanted to reload without removing the mag. Can't you get the mag release that takes a key? Seems like that would be easier than removing upper from lower.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
thanks Col,

CA version yes but thats the only way they come my way. :)

Yes, Im in CA.

Stupid I know.....Im just wondering if it is possible??

vinz
vinz, I was one of those CA people born & raised who purchased an AR legally then became a criminal with a stroke of the pin. I left the state and took my stuff with me. That's how I recognized Kalifornia.

Please feel free to go on welfare, unemployment, or disability. I left a lot of tax dollars there I never collected on and never will. I would like to at least see them used by a fellow gunner.

I do come back and shoot with my friends but I only bring my bolt action surplus rifles. I fill my gas tank at the state line before "crossing over", and bring my own lunch. I do everything I can to avoid leaving a dime there.

Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hear you mad dog, but I got way too much here in Cali to let a few ( ::)) bs laws to chase me away. When I retire i'll do it in Nevada. ;D

My favorite range gave a couple guys a few choice words about there OLL's and the collection of magazines on the table. The range master is a bit of a battle axe but i've been going there with my dad since I was a kid.

Its not a big deal for me when im at the range. I don't have a problem single feeding the chamber when im poppin the paper.

The question came up with the XCR since it doesn't open up as far as the AR style. But by the looks of it you can still feed it with it open.

By all means it will not be a factor in my future purchase.

vinz

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
dude, it might be easier to shoot at a different less anal range.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well after talking with some XCR owners they say it is possible. It would not take too much effort either. Well alot more than the BB operation but you know. Like I said its not an issue when im target shooting.

I'll have my BB when im out on private land then just be cautious when reloading at the range. I don't think he will have a problem with me. I was just curious if it was possible.
thanks,
vinz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts