XCR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Last I heard it was 6-8 weeks if ordering from Robinson.If you can find one at a dealer you will more than likely pay more than you should have to.Not everyone is price gouging,but it's not uncommon.

·
Registered
986 Posts
How much? How many rounds have you fired?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's a guy selling his brand new XCR in 7.62 on the Trading Post.

Waits are 8 weeks right now.
Thank you Terra. One more question. If I want do order a SBR rifle can you go ahead and assign the serial number and start the paperwork on the dealer transfer so that I don't wait 8 weeks + dealer transfer?

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
We do the paperwork for the dealer, and then after that it's on your end. What you can do is just buy the rifle, fall in love with it, them apply for your tax stamp and have the barrel cut down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We do the paperwork for the dealer, and then after that it's on your end. What you can do is just buy the rifle, fall in love with it, them apply for your tax stamp and have the barrel cut down.
Make sure I understand. Do you sell SBR rifles? The reason I want to buy one from you is so that you are the manufacturer and I don't have to have the lower engraved. If you do sell them can you start the paperwork when I order even though it won't ship for a while?

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
What we do is once the order is in with the dealer and the dealer has gotten his FFL and SOT over to us, we start the paperwork with ATF to register it as an SBR. It is sold to the dealer as an SBR, and your dealer then completes the paperwork for it.

Got to the RA website and look at the NFA weapons section. It can explain it better than I can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What we do is once the order is in with the dealer and the dealer has gotten his FFL and SOT over to us, we start the paperwork with ATF to register it as an SBR. It is sold to the dealer as an SBR, and your dealer then completes the paperwork for it.

Got to the RA website and look at the NFA weapons section. It can explain it better than I can.
Okay, good. Now for the last question... :)

So right now orders are taking like 8 weeks. A dealer to dealer transfer (Form 3) is taking 2 or 3 weeks right now. Can you submit the registration to the ATF as an SBR before my gun is ready to ship? All you need to do that is grab a lower, claim it as mine, and register that serial. That way I don't have to wait 8+3 weeks...the paperwork will be back from the ATF before the gun is finally ready to ship.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts