XCR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up new Cz p10 f on Saturday put 80 rounds through it and have to say I'm impressed with this pistol.
I don't think I've ever been more accurate with a pistol I'd never shot before.
This is my first polymer pistol in about 10 years and like a true CZ it just feels right for my hand. The trigger is very good and the reset is short.
Only complaint is the same issue I've had with glocks and it's the trigger safety, feels like it slaps my finger.
Besides not being a pansy about this is there a remedy or is it just shooting it enough to toughen my trigger finger?
Really liking it and considering a p 10 c.

·
Registered
23,036 Posts
Get an HBI Theta trigger for it or a Suarez or an OWP.

I have the HBI and Suarez....The HBI is slightly better. OWP just makes good shit. Had it been out when I bought my first 2 CZ P10Cs....I would have gotten at least one.

Reactions: scalton

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get an HBI Theta trigger for it or a Suarez or an OWP.

I have the HBI and Suarez....The HBI is slightly better. OWP just makes good shit. Had it been out when I bought my first 2 CZ P10Cs....I would have gotten at least one.
Thanks Sean
HBI remove or just lessen the slap, is replacing the trigger difficult?

·
Registered
23,036 Posts
Thanks Sean
HBI remove or just lessen the slap, is replacing the trigger difficult?
Replacing is simple. But....I don't know what you mean by slap. I own just about every striker fired polymer pistol out there so a dingus in the trigger doesn't really even register for me.

Reactions: Northern

·
Super Moderator
264 Posts
I'm really happy with my P10S. It's one of the first triggers I've been happy with out of the box. There's a tiny bit of creep but I have a feeling that'll clear up after a few thousand rounds. Zero issues with light primer strikes on steel case, and after about 800rds no stoppages.

What do you guys think of the CGW upgrade kit?

·
Registered
23,036 Posts
I'm really happy with my P10S. It's one of the first triggers I've been happy with out of the box. There's a tiny bit of creep but I have a feeling that'll clear up after a few thousand rounds. Zero issues with light primer strikes on steel case, and after about 800rds no stoppages.

Their triggers are nice for the Shadow 2. Dont' think they have a trigger for the P10, but I'm not sure what they think needs 'upgrading'. They are pretty damn good out of the box.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Replacing is simple. But....I don't know what you mean by slap. I own just about every striker fired polymer pistol out there so a dingus in the trigger doesn't really even register for me.
I don't know exactly how to say what I'm feeling with my trigger finger, but after the 80 rounds that I had fired through this pistol the center of my finger right on the trigger wasn't liking it. I noticed the same thing when I used to own couple of Glocks. Other than the glock and this cz I have never experienced it. I assumed it was the Dingus that you're talking about. Either way it looks like I'm going to go with the hbi trigger I watch the video it looks fairly straightforward. Thanks for your input again Sean

·
Registered
23,036 Posts
I don't know exactly how to say what I'm feeling with my trigger finger, but after the 80 rounds that I had fired through this pistol the center of my finger right on the trigger wasn't liking it. I noticed the same thing when I used to own couple of Glocks. Other than the glock and this cz I have never experienced it. I assumed it was the Dingus that you're talking about. Either way it looks like I'm going to go with the hbi trigger I watch the video it looks fairly straightforward. Thanks for your input again Sean
Well, as I said, if I had it to do over...I'd likely have gone with the Overwatch Precision trigger.

Yeah, some people don't like the little nub on the trigger shoe that has to be depressed to fire the gun (what most call the dingus). I've never had an issue with it other than one Glock that had a bit of plastic flashing left on it from the molding process. I just sanded it off....and it was fine. Likely what's happening in your case is your finger pad's skin is getting caught in between the shoe and dingus and causing it to get irritated. Not sure how to combat that, but I'd guess the aftermarket triggers will have tighter tolerances that should make it harder for your skin to get caught.

Reactions: scalton

·
Registered
30 Posts
I love my CZs. Got a P-10c and P-10s. I've never had the issue you've talked about with finger slap though. I can tell you that replacing the trigger is fairly easy. If you can replace a Glock trigger you can replace a P-10 trigger. I use the Cajun Gun Works trigger with my P-10c and the installation is fairly simple. But again, I dunno if it'll fix the issue you're having with finger slap.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just picked up new Cz p10 f on Saturday put 80 rounds through it and have to say I'm impressed with this pistol.
I don't think I've ever been more accurate with a pistol I'd never shot before.
This is my first polymer pistol in about 10 years and like a true CZ it just feels right for my hand. The trigger is very good and the reset is short.
Only complaint is the same issue I've had with glocks and it's the trigger safety, feels like it slaps my finger.
Besides not being a pansy about this is there a remedy or is it just shooting it enough to toughen my trigger finger?
Really liking it and considering a p 10 c.
You are not alone in your hatred of trigger safeties.
My narrow history of firearm experience before 2020 was SA-DA decocker only full sized metal frame pistols and Norinco rifles. Increased crime and the need for something concealable pushed me back into the market, which is basically all striker fired Glock derivatives. I ended up with a Ruger LC9s, and discovered "trigger slap" (trigger bite) on my first trip to the range. "The internet" says it is the finger losing contact with the trigger during reset. I think it is my finger getting scissored between that little blade and the body of the trigger, and the sharp edges of both that are supposed to prevent a gap in the surface when the blade folds into the trigger under the finger. I also think it has to do with my habit of my index finger pulling the trigger at an angle, applying pressure to the edge, instead of centered on the front.
This is not a pansy issue. I have a policy of rounding off sharp edges of anything on the operator end of tools and equipment. I should not be stabbed or cut while operating equipment. Anything that improves operator comfort allows the operator to do a better job for a longer duration of time.
20 year old me, who went both feet into SA-DA decocker only, without any safety, would do a drawing, have a solid trigger made, and and delete the trigger safety.
50 year old me sees stories about women shooting up the checkout counters of stores while digging in their purse, and children shooting each other with found firearms. And sees no way to do a striker fired pistol without a trigger safety. Even with a thumb safety and obsessively keeping the trigger guard fully enclosed with good holsters.
I would rather have a shrunk down SA-DA decocker only.
My solution was to install a Galloway Aegis trigger, that is supposed to solve trigger slap. Results pending another trip to the range to find out.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I got the Cajun Gun Works pro package for my 75 BD and it's night and day difference from stock.

You are not alone in your hatred of trigger safeties.
My narrow history of firearm experience before 2020 was SA-DA decocker only full sized metal frame pistols and Norinco rifles. Increased crime and the need for something concealable pushed me back into the market, which is basically all striker fired Glock derivatives. I ended up with a Ruger LC9s, and discovered "trigger slap" (trigger bite) on my first trip to the range. "The internet" says it is the finger losing contact with the trigger during reset. I think it is my finger getting scissored between that little blade and the body of the trigger, and the sharp edges of both that are supposed to prevent a gap in the surface when the blade folds into the trigger under the finger. I also think it has to do with my habit of my index finger pulling the trigger at an angle, applying pressure to the edge, instead of centered on the front.
This is not a pansy issue. I have a policy of rounding off sharp edges of anything on the operator end of tools and equipment. I should not be stabbed or cut while operating equipment. Anything that improves operator comfort allows the operator to do a better job for a longer duration of time.
20 year old me, who went both feet into SA-DA decocker only, without any safety, would do a drawing, have a solid trigger made, and and delete the trigger safety.
50 year old me sees stories about women shooting up the checkout counters of stores while digging in their purse, and children shooting each other with found firearms. And sees no way to do a striker fired pistol without a trigger safety. Even with a thumb safety and obsessively keeping the trigger guard fully enclosed with good holsters.
I would rather have a shrunk down SA-DA decocker only.
My solution was to install a Galloway Aegis trigger, that is supposed to solve trigger slap. Results pending another trip to the range to find out.
I think you and Sean both hit on what the problem is, the little gap between the safety and the rest of the trigger. Took it to the range this afternoon put 60 more through it and didn't notice what I did the other day. I am thoroughly impressed with this pistol like every CZ I've owned except the RAMI.
My first rifle was a Norinco SKS paratrooper I bought it new for $80and a case of ammo 1440 rds for another $80 the good old days I loved that rifle.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just feeling a ton of appreciation for this forum reading this thread.

I’m like @themousethatroared and previously had a penchant for DA/SA with no safety. Now I adore some striker fired pistols (my VP9T and VP9 Match) but when I carry, I’m still more confident of DA for the sake of safety.

I love the CZ P10 as well but I’ve never felt like the grip angle and specific grip dimensions worked for me, personally. Overall CZs are among the most undervalued guns on the market, so enjoy!

·
Registered
23,036 Posts
Just feeling a ton of appreciation for this forum reading this thread.

I’m like @themousethatroared and previously had a penchant for DA/SA with no safety. Now I adore some striker fired pistols (my VP9T and VP9 Match) but when I carry, I’m still more confident of DA for the sake of safety.

I love the CZ P10 as well but I’ve never felt like the grip angle and specific grip dimensions worked for me, personally. Overall CZs are among the most undervalued guns on the market, so enjoy!
Might try grayguns.com if you're looking for a good trigger. The VP9 is pretty good out of the box though.....

Lazy Wolf has pretty good reviews too for the VP9.

·
Registered
245 Posts
@Sean K. yeah I will at some point probably upgrade with Gray Guns — the short reset for the LEMs and the upgrade for the VP9s, but for now I am doing fine with the VP9 triggers. I have heard from friends that after a certain point in use they feel worse so that may be the time for the eventual upgrade. Like with the XCR, it’s the ergonomics for me as an ambi shooter that make HKs my choice in pistols.

·
Registered
23,036 Posts
@Sean K. yeah I will at some point probably upgrade with Gray Guns — the short reset for the LEMs and the upgrade for the VP9s, but for now I am doing fine with the VP9 triggers. I have heard from friends that after a certain point in use they feel worse so that may be the time for the eventual upgrade. Like with the XCR, it’s the ergonomics for me as an ambi shooter that make HKs my choice in pistols.
Yeah, I used to be a huge HK fan and had 3 USPcs....including a .45 USPct that I kinda wish I still had. Bore axis was too high though and I didn't shoot them as well as other brands. I would like to get a VP9 eventually though. It's the only major brand striker fired polymer gun I don't own at this point (besides FN and Canik). Wouldn't mind getting back into them though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts