XCR Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
22,804 Posts
I have not had a bit of problems with my 7.62x39 D&H magazines through my AR15's and even my M16 on full auto (knock on wood), so that's why I ask the question. I'm curious if they run well in AR15's, but not in the XCR for some reason. My 7.62x39 XCR is still in ATF jail, so I've only had one opportunity to shoot it. Regardless of how well the D&H magazines work, my plan is pretty much to use the Unimags anyway.
Keep in mind, the Unimags either work or they don't. And getting replacements warrantied is impossible. I just ordered new ones and disputed the charges with my CC company since Unimag's owners absolutely refuse to answer emails and calls.

·
Registered
22,804 Posts
Just got off the phone with Hill & Mac Gunworks on the Sturmgeweher 30 round mags. The 7.62x39 mags are NOT ready. They are redesigning to go to a single stack design to improve feeding but it will drop capacity to 24 rounds....same as the Unimags IIRC. So....might as well go with them since these HMG mags are going to be substantially longer than a standard STANAG.

Man, wish RA would make a dedicated AK lower....too bad it would necessitate a 7.62 and 5.45 version (provided RA continues 5.45 development).

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Just got off the phone with Hill & Mac Gunworks on the Sturmgeweher 30 round mags. The 7.62x39 mags are NOT ready. They are redesigning to go to a single stack design to improve feeding but it will drop capacity to 24 rounds....same as the Unimags IIRC. So....might as well go with them since these HMG mags are going to be substantially longer than a standard STANAG.

Man, wish RA would make a dedicated AK lower....too bad it would necessitate a 7.62 and 5.45 version (provided RA continues 5.45 development).
I think you mean VZ58
Banana
Fits 6.5g
LRBHO

·
Registered
22,804 Posts
I think you mean VZ58
Banana
Fits 6.5g
LRBHO
No, I mean AK. I have 2 VZ-58s (one's an SBR)....while kinda cool, the mags aren't even close to as common or overbuilt (not to mention the cost)...and Yugos have BHO followers, which conceivably could be made to work with the BHO on the XCR.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a 5.56x45 Galil Ace that used the new Galil magazines that have the real bolt hold open followers. I bet this could be done with 7.62x39 magazines using a similar follower design and receiver parts.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts