XCR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I was in Edmonton on wednsday and at the world famous West Edmonton Mall and stopped in at the Wild West shooting Range in the Mall to find 2 XCR-L's for Sale there for a good price too considering the low Canadian dollar. I just about bought one but with oil plummetting the way it is I could lose my job so I have to keep the money I have at the moment incase I get laid off. Damn stock went from 25 dollars a share 5 months ago to just $1.15 yesterday not good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey MrSmitty,

What were they asking?

I thought only Wolverine had the distribution of XCR's in Canada.

Terra -You folks getting some more dealers here?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2000 bucks.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So Mountie did you manage to get ahold of them and buy the rifle?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More than likely Wolverine recieved their shipment and then sold some to other dealers. I know they have done that before.

·
Registered
43 Posts
No ... holding out for a XCR from Wolverine (I am somewhat company loyal although sometimes I wander).

Doesn't look like Xmas is going happen so I am going to deal with my "need a new gun" urge with picking up a new Beretta M9. Danielle at Wolverine insists on Summer 2009 for any new XCR's ( that's fing long from now!).

Terra .... you don't like Canadians ???? Where's the love? Please send some more XCR's up here! On second thought ... wait for the dollar to level out THEN send some up here!

Mountie

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Beretta M9?? I can think of better ways to waste money. After carrying one just about everyday for 3 years I can think of a few other pistols I would get, first and foremost a S&M M&P.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Beretta M9?? I can think of better ways to waste money. After carrying one just about everyday for 3 years I can think of a few other pistols I would get, first and foremost a S&M M&P.
Hey Aziator,

What don't you like about them? I used them as well (for work and training) and I like them. What's your thoughts?

M.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a beretta M96 vertec in 40 S&W and it is my worst pistol by far I can't hit nothing with it but my glock I can make pretty nice groups with it.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Well, They are outdated, ergonomics suck (for me), they are large, heavy, un-concealable. If all you want is a range gun to go out and shoot I guess it is fine. I will admit that I am a little jaded because the Army as a whole doesn't take care of firearms and I haven't seen a tight Beretta in years.

Bottom line, for me it is old an outdated (different from the 1911 as you can tune those easily ad ergo's are better). With so many offerings these days like the S&W M&P, the XD or maybe even the new SIG 250 (all with adjustable grips and better ergos) I don't know why anyone would willingly buy a Beretta.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
AZ I agree the ergo's are terrible for a hi-cap 9mm.The 1911 may be a single stack but the pistol is much thinner and fits smaller hands better.Hell I have big meaty paws and I still don't like it.My Springfield XD holds 13 rounds and feels way better to me.The little Taurus PT-911 my wife has holds 12 and the grip is much thinner/slimmer.It's just my opinion,but there are many full size 9mm's on the market that are more concealable lighter and hold as many or more cartridges.I don't think the trigger is particularly stellar,and the safety is in the wrong place and ass backwards.The Taurus redesign of the Beretta 92 got the safety right.Works just like a 1911,down for of and on the frame.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh ya I forgot about the crappy trigger on the beretta as well its terrible.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I will say that if they are well taken care of they will go bang pretty much every time. We had a range about a month ago and I was the only person that didn't need to slather the thing in CLP before shooting. Dirty guns, grip srews too tight (didn't affect firing but wouldn't drop mag), overall poor maintenance.

Again, money could be better spent elsewhere. :2cents:

·
Registered
568 Posts
As compared to say the Browning Hi Power, the Beretta 92s are to put it politely,,,Underwhelming.
Aziator your M-9s are probably not worn out. They are, I believe "Milspec". When we received the the then new M-9s in our unit everyone was ooh,ahh,ohh-ing over the wondergun until they actually handled it and discovered that the barrels frames and slides did not fit together so much as rather flew in formation..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts