XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I went to the SGK Gun Show in Hampton, VA today hoping to see an XCR for sale. Unfortunately nobody had any, new or used. So I began asking all the dealers who appeared to deal with semi-auto rifles if they ever order XCR's from RA. Every single one of them stated the same thing: "Dealing with Robinson is too difficult." I was shocked when I heard this from the first dealer. The first dealer said that the every time he used to call RA to order some XCRs, he was always told it would be about 6 months before they could ship. He said that was just too long to wait. I told him that I have heard people are getting them as soon as 8 weeks and that perhaps he should give them another call. Anyway, I was shocked at the first dealer saying RA was difficult to deal with but to hear all the dealers (about 5 or 6) say generally the same thing threw me for a loop.

Maybe someone can shed some light on this. I am very saddened to hear dealers say this. They all agreed that the XCR is a superb rifle and much superior to most others.

So with that said, I am curious as to this phenomena considering how well RA treats it's customers, I would have assumed it would have been the same thing for the dealers.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
we have NEVER been 6 months out. never. Before Allison, we had a salesman who was not taking care of dealers like he should. I hope that's just leftover from his time.

We just can't keep up with dealers/calls sometimes. We get at least a hundred calls a day, and plenty of voicemails. I try to help allie out as much as I can, but I have other obligations to assembly, repairs, upgrades, and general customer aid as well. It's busy as hell, but we do our best.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we have NEVER been 6 months out. never. Before Allison, we had a salesman who was not taking care of dealers like he should. I hope that's just leftover from his time.
Ah that would probably explain it. These guys were talking like they were having problems from a while back.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Half of them probably don't know what an XCR is and are thinking back to the M96 days when it was a little different at Robarms. I know who Terra speaks of, Dealers aren't the only people he didn't take care of.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I tried to plant a seed if you will with the dealers. I said that I can place an order online and get it delivered in 6 - 8 weeks. So maybe RA will get a few more dealers calling to place orders now. ;D I do have another question for Terra. Does RA not have enough staff or not enough machines?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I scoured local shops in Utah yesterday to find an XCR to buy, Doug's Shoot'n Sports had just sold their last one the day before. I called one dealer asking for a price on a Robinson Armament XCR 16" heavy barrel and folding stock. The sales guy kept insisting that they only make those in a 20" barrel and no distributors have them. I've never heard of a 20" barrel on an XCR but it dawned on my later that he was looking up XCR bolt guns ::)

I then went into this same gunstore in person and asked about an XCR and one salesguy said "We don't deal with Robinson, sorry, you'll have to try elsewhere."

Wonder why?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Every time I go to the Nations Gun Show in Northern Virginia I scour the place for an XCR. I have NEVER seen one there. The dealer I ordered mine from is at a lot of Virginia shows, and has never stocked them. He was impressed with the XCR, but I don't think he was happy to prepay for a rifle and then wait 8 weeks for delivery. That money is tied up in inventory he can't turn over. Frankly, many of these guys with reasonable prices can sell just about every AR they can get their hands on so why bother stocking something else?

And looking at it right now from RA's perspective, they are backlogged 8 weeks, so why try to increase that and the hassles that come with it?

The dealer finder on RA's website seems outdated. The dealer I used not on there. The local guy is, but he said that was from the M96 days. I haven't talked to him lately, but 18 months go he was not too interested in the XCR or getting my business so I went elsewhere.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Personally I never cared for the Hampton Roads or Scope shows. There pretty tiny and not worth the $8 admission. I'd like to make it to the Chantilly show. I'd like to win the lottery first though.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I scoured local shops in Utah yesterday to find an XCR to buy, Doug's Shoot'n Sports had just sold their last one the day before. I called one dealer asking for a price on a Robinson Armament XCR 16" heavy barrel and folding stock. The sales guy kept insisting that they only make those in a 20" barrel and no distributors have them. I've never heard of a 20" barrel on an XCR but it dawned on my later that he was looking up XCR bolt guns ::)

I then went into this same gunstore in person and asked about an XCR and one salesguy said "We don't deal with Robinson, sorry, you'll have to try elsewhere."

Wonder why?
I would rank the Utah dealers in the following order when it comes to XCR's

1. Doug's is the best by far. They usually have a ton of stock, but the word is out so when you see an XCR, you need to buy it on the spot because they are getting hit from all over the country.

2. Gallensons has the best prices, and because it is basically a Fudd shop, sometimes XCR's are hiding in the back ignored

3. Get Some Guns LLC has okay stock, not great, and their prices are on the high side. They are the tactical shop, so they get hit hard daily by customers, so dont expect to get an XCR unless you are standing there when it's delivered.

4. Impact Guns - These guys are lame. Their staff in the Kearns store is all Mexican kids who don't know shit about guns and have a habit of cursing every other word. Plus their stuff is way overpriced. They tried to sell me a RRA entry tactical for $1700. Yeah right

5. FBMG - Dont bother. They act like their are well informed operators, but then will spend an hour telling you Colt is the same as Stag ::) Plus they have a personal grudge against Robarms and like to trash the XCR at gun shows, but insist "Stag has a 6 month wait because the military is buying them since Colt cant keep up"

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is only so much Internet and Magazine advertising RA can do. What really sells guns (XCRs in this case) would be the dealers. I would dare to say that more than 50% of those who go into a dealer to buy are not exactly sure what they want. This has been my experience when I used to sell from behind the counter at a local dealer years ago. I even see it still. People have questions. Most dealer try to be as helpful and honest as they can. Some few do not and just try to get you buy their most profitable ones. The more XCRs people actually see and hold in person, the more popular they get. The more popular, the bigger RA can get. The bigger RA gets, the more XCRs there are in the market. The more XCRs in the market, the better off all gun owners are.

TO RA: Perhaps you should truly consider some kind of credit system for your dealers just like so many of your competitors offer dealers. You are obviously in business to sell guns. Dealers are your best resource for that. I belong to a very large gun club and I ask people all the time if they have ever heard of the XCR by RA. I have never had a single person answer with a yes. My only guess as to why this is, is because no one ever sees them in the stores. Even some of the dealers do not know what they are and they work in the industry.

There is something inherently wrong with this picture. Is the XCR the industry's best kept secret? Why keep arguably the best battle rifle in the world a secret. Get the news out there. Advertise. Give dealers a credit of 45 days from shipment. The more XCRs in stores, the more popular it will become. Ask just about anyone what kind of semi-auto rifle they would be willing to buy and they will say an AR-15. There are other reason than this one, but it is mainly because they know they can go to just about any dealer and get one. Most people would rather not order online and have to do the whole transfer thing, but rather go straight into a dealer's store, through money or plastic down, and walk out.

I know business is good for you right now. You are backed up. That is a good thing I guess. However, you are only in the 4000 range. I know RA is not as big as Sig, however, the 556 has only been out for less than two years and it is way past the 4000 mark. Yes, yes, the XCR is superior, but I am talking about production numbers. Not design. I understand that RA is small and it is like comparing apples to oranges, however, my point is that more people either own or want a 556 than an XCR. Why? My only guess is that while the 556 is essentially crap, there are more of them in stores and I see adds all over the place.

Now with that said, if RA is looking to be a niche company, then so be it. As long as the XCR is made with superior design qualities and parts are readily available, I WILL ALWAYS support them. I have NO desire to purchase any other rifle except for the M1A SOCOM two. Give me a break it is essentially the M14. Can't go wrong with the M14. It was my weapon of choice in the service. Anyway, RA is a great outfit who loves to make the best rifle in the world. Keep it up. However, if RA wants the XCR to be the most popular rifle, which it can be, then it will have to do a lot more in the way of dealing with dealers and must increase it's advertising. Magazines (both online and print), Gun Shows (this can be accomplished very, very easily, and very cheaply, just contact me), etc.

God bless the USofRA...

:2cents:

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
XCRFan- don't those SOCOM's use a special op rod design and some other unique parts? The dealer at a store from here recommended their Scout model as a base and then add whatever you wanted after that. Reason was the model specific parts on the SOCOM while everythign was pretty much GI on the Scout.

·
Registered
351 Posts

Wonder why?
I would rank the Utah dealers in the following order when it comes to XCR's

1. Doug's is the best by far. They usually have a ton of stock, but the word is out so when you see an XCR, you need to buy it on the spot because they are getting hit from all over the country.

2. Gallensons has the best prices, and because it is basically a Fudd shop, sometimes XCR's are hiding in the back ignored

3. Get Some Guns LLC has okay stock, not great, and their prices are on the high side. They are the tactical shop, so they get hit hard daily by customers, so dont expect to get an XCR unless you are standing there when it's delivered.

4. Impact Guns - These guys are lame. Their staff in the Kearns store is all Mexican kids who don't know shit about guns and have a habit of cursing every other word. Plus their stuff is way overpriced. They tried to sell me a RRA entry tactical for 00. Yeah right

5. FBMG - Dont bother. They act like their are well informed operators, but then will spend an hour telling you Colt is the same as Stag ::) Plus they have a personal grudge against Robarms and like to trash the XCR at gun shows, but insist "Stag has a 6 month wait because the military is buying them since Colt cant keep up"
Yep. None of them had XCR's in stock. You can guess from that list which dealer doesn't deal with Robarms. I was able to buy one today from a local member of this forum that had bought an extra. So I'm good now.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
our prepay terms are "send in the check. We cash when the rifle ships." We try to avoid taking anyone's money up front unless they insist upon it.

There's a lot of myth an BS floating around about our company. 8 month waits, we treat our dealers poorly, etc. It drives us crazy but there's only so much we can do. There's a lot on our plates and realistically we can't sit down and make phone calls all day reconnecting with old VEPR dealers. When people call in, we do our best to take care of them. you can't always make everyone happy, though. Some people are outraged that our wait is 8 weeks our right now. One dealer called in to set up the other day, and backed out of ordering because our wait was too long. 0_o

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
our prepay terms are "send in the check. We cash when the rifle ships." We try to avoid taking anyone's money up front unless they insist upon it.

There's a lot of myth an BS floating around about our company. 8 month waits, we treat our dealers poorly, etc. It drives us crazy but there's only so much we can do. There's a lot on our plates and realistically we can't sit down and make phone calls all day reconnecting with old VEPR dealers. When people call in, we do our best to take care of them. you can't always make everyone happy, though. Some people are outraged that our wait is 8 weeks our right now. One dealer called in to set up the other day, and backed out of ordering because our wait was too long. 0_o
I understand. Perhaps if enough people hit their dealers asking for XCRs then the dealers will be forced to place orders. However, to get people asking for XCRs, they have to become familiar with the rifle.

I have a great idea on how to get the public familiar with RA's XCR (RA pm me for further discussion. I fervently believe that once someone puts and XCR in their hand, they will be convinced of the superiority. The price is right as well. Any GP AR costs an arm & a leg, SCAR is overpriced, ACR doesn't exist yet and will more than likely more expensive, 556 is is crap, etc.

My idea to get XCRs in the hands of potential gun owners is extremely cheap and can be accomplished very rapidly. Just let me know, RA, if you guys are interested. You will see your orders from dealers shoot through the roof despite a short wait. If their customers want an XCR the dealers will place the orders and begin to stock them as more and more orders are placed.

Just talk with me for few minutes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I searched near and far where I live and finally had to beg a dealer to send in the dealer agreement. That seamed to be the drawback with him, but he finally did it. Some dealers flat out refused to even think about signing an agreement. Other dealers wanted to order my rifle but told me if they could sell it for more than I offered they would. Yes they would order the rifle for me, but, if Joe Blow saw or wanted this rifle and would offer more they would sell it out from under me. Allison said it will ship mid-February.:crossedfingers:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Other dealers wanted to order my rifle but told me if they could sell it for more than I offered they would. Yes they would order the rifle for me, but, if Joe Blow saw or wanted this rifle and would offer more they would sell it out from under me.
That to me is total BULLSHIT!!!! I would tell every one of them to take a long walk off of a short bridge.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts