XCR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surfing the gun boards I have come across a few statments that some of the first run 6.8 SPC barrels were "out of spec" Is there any truth to this. I havnt seen anything here.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Did you read that specifically about the XCR 6.8 barrels or just 6.8 in general? I know there were problems early on with 6.8 AR barrels, different manufacturers using different specs. I haven't heard anything about the XCR barrels, mine is great, just a little long...for now :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
No problems with mine so far, though I have only put about 100 rounds through it. I only wish it were light or medium weight instead of heavy weight.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I'm with Aziator on this one I think the 6.8 barrel problem was with the ARs. I know I had to send my first AR 6.8 20" back because it would NOT cycle reliably. :2cents:

We should ALL be thankful, that with the XCR, the solution to that id only a tiny adjustment away. :thanks: :popcorn: :party: :toast: :toast:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Robinson did their barrel right, with the correct chamber. My early 6.8 AR barrel, on the other hand, does not like anything near combat loads.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Bolster, The AR platform, direct gas, is finicky as hell. The XCR on the otherhand is just a simple adjustment away. :ninja: :2cents:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts