XCR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st post and all...but just had to let people know. Emailed DiscountGunSales about an XCR - they quoted me $1599 on saturday and then the very next day jacked the price to $1799.....

Yea, great gun..and probably worth couple hundred more..but my personal opinion on this type of stuff is that if people let this go and buy at the higher price, then everyone gets on board...that's why this gun stuff is so crazy right now anyway.

----COPY OF EMAIL TRAIN-----READ BOTTOM TO TOP----

Well, 1599 was a good price...$200 extra is a little much. Robinson Arms website still lets you order them at 1599..albeit a bit of a wait.

If you can stick with the quoted price of $1599 I'd be in for one for sure.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 5:57 PM
To: Sean Yarbrough
Subject: RE: Discount Gun Sales LLC: User filled in Contact Us form!

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the inquiry. The pricing quoted previously at $1599.99 was based on the 2008 pricing. However, the most recent shipment of XCR's are coming in at the 2009 pricing and a little different style. The shipment due to arrive this week run $1799.99. In addition to this, the rifles are equipped with factory muzzle brakes versus A2 birdcage flashhiders. There is no sales tax out of WA state, however there is a $30.00 shipping charge. We have four units being sent to us, and two of them are already committed. Please let us know if you are interested.

Thank you,

DGS Team

> No tax on shipped items, right?
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 10:51 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Discount Gun Sales LLC: User filled in Contact Us form!
>
> Thanks for the inquiry Sean. We have several XCRs in 5.56 with heavy
> barrel and side-folding stock on the way. They will arrive next week.
> At this time, we have one that is not committed. Our price for this
> weapon is
> $1599.99 plus tax.
>
> - DGS Team
>
>> You have received this notification from Discount Gun Sales LLC
>> because you are a registered user or you or some other registered
>> user requested some information for you from our store.
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Customers need help!
>>
>> Customer info:
>> ---------------------
>> First name: sean
>> Last name: yarbrough
>> Company:
>>
>>
>> Department: All
>> Subject: robinson XCR
>> Message:
>> Do you have any in stock?
>>
>> --
>> Thank you for using
>> our shopping system
>>
>> Discount Gun Sales LLC
>> Phone: 206-417-1625
>> Fax: 206-417-4595
>> URL: www.discountgunsales.com
>>
>>
>
>
>
>

·
Registered
59 Posts
Re: Discount Gun Sales - bad experience - jacked price up with 24hrs for no reas

Sean-

i totally agree and had the SAME experience. Im in WA too and the only dealer that has ANY incoming is Discount Gun Sales. However their asking price is outragous! Plus you have to figure state sales tax! I'm trying to find a 5.56 XCR out of state. FYI- i've been searching every day for weeks now. The best source i've found is Doug's Shoot'N Sport in UT. However, they are all out too, but seem to receive more shipments than anybody else.

Good luck and let me know how it goes. We're in the same boat..

- Scott

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Contact Roy at Aussie Arms and he will put a smile on your face! He gives all forum members a discount on EVERYTHING (rifle, accessories, etc.) he carries. F**k the rip off artists. :duh: :2cents:

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Just checked on the Robarm site -- the gun equipped the way you spec'd it is not $1799; besides, they knew what they were paying when they ordered it. Slimy.

tk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Try giving WestCoast Armory a call. They had a 5.56 heavy for sale for $1499 w/ AR fixed stock. They can't seem to get rid of it because everyone is in line to get a SCAR and ACR there. If I would have known I would have bought it there before I bought mine for $1900 at Wades.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Re: Discount Gun Sales - bad experience - jacked price up with 24hrs for no reas

Today I went to a gun show in Fort Lauderdale and there was one dealer with at least six XCRs on display. Each was priced over $2100. I asked if he had any kind of price match policy, to which he kinda laughed. I guess he doesn't mind raping people who don't know any better.

As soon as I got home I called DGS and ordered their last XCR, a heavy-barreled folding stock in 5.56. They said they should be able to get it out this weekend to my local FFL.

After reading this thread I had been a little hesitant about buying from DGS, but I called them last night after seeing a XCR they had on gunbroker.com. The price they were asking at the store ($1699.99) was $100 less than the starting bid on gunbroker. The rifles they have are all "naked" with no sights or rail covers. No big deal, I thought; I'll get those somewhere else.

Overall, they were very helpful and friendly, and the price was as good as I've found anywhere.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts

0000030374 said:
Contact Roy at Aussie Arms and he will put a smile on your face! He gives all forum members a discount on EVERYTHING (rifle, accessories, etc.) he carries. F**k the rip off artists. :duh: :2cents:
I emailed Aussie Arms for a quote on what i wanted on the 30h December but didn't receive a response.

Ordered elsewhere.

Is he O.K. still around ?

Last I heard from Roy he had just gotten back into town. I ordered through him and although the communication wasn't the greatest, the price was way lower than anything I'm hearing here lately. He's not gouging people like everyone else. Also, he hasn't sold enough to quit his day job and is quite busy.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

Last I heard from Roy he had just gotten back into town. I ordered through him and although the communication wasn't the greatest, the price was way lower than anything I'm hearing here lately. He's not gouging people like everyone else. Also, he hasn't sold enough to quit his day job and is quite busy.
I called Aussie Arms two days ago and still have not received a call back. Since the XCR at DGS was the last one in stock (and I wasn't willing to miss yet another buying opportunity), I made the buy from DGS.

At least I didn't pay what someone probably paid at the gun show today.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

I called Aussie Arms two days ago and still have not received a call back. Since the XCR at DGS was the last one in stock (and I wasn't willing to miss yet another buying opportunity), I made the buy from DGS.

At least I didn't pay what someone probably paid at the gun show today.
If you can give Roy some time - he'll get you whatever you request.

I understand that his current duties take him away a LOT - but he does deliver, and at a price better than anyone else.

I deal exclusively with Aussie Arms / Roy - and have yet to be disappointed.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
You should never have to pay more than retail for an XCR.FFL dealers get them for less and I know they have to make a profit but their is no point in getting ass raped by a crocked dealer either.Unless your extremely impatient I would order from Robinson.You may have a lead time,but you won't pay more,sometimes alot more than you have to.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
As long as Robarm is still selling direct, personally I would wait and pay retail. Some stocking dealers may sell at a panic premium if you have to have it tomorrow, but if you end up paying that, it is entirely your choice to do so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got resolution on a 2-month long ordeal with DGS being crooked used-car salesmen.. stay away, folks.

Getting my XCR at the beginning of Feb for $1590 with sidefolder and 16" light barrel.. I think that's still a good deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also had a bad experience with these guys recently. Here's what happened:

I looked at the RA website and configured the XCR to my liking, then called Discount Gun Sales. I went down the list of features and confirmed the price. The guy I was talking to wanted my credit card number to reserve it, so I gave it to him.

A few days later I went in to pay for and pick up the rifle. I asked to see the gun before paying and noticed the receipt taped to the top of the case. I was a little concerned that they had charged my card already, but at the time I let it pass since I assumed everything was going to be okay. When I opened the case I could see that it did not have sights on it. They would sell me the sights for an additional $230 over the price on the RA website and over the price they quoted me.

The salesman refused to admit that he had mis-quoted me on the phone and insisted that the gun was now mine and there was nothing I could do about it. We talked about this for maybe 45 minutes after which I just asked him to refund my credit card and be done with it. He agreed to do it for a 20% restocking fee. I couldn't believe what he was saying. I told him if he didn't refund my card I was going to file a fraud complaint against the charge.

He responded by telling me that this kind of thing happens all the time. He also tried to convince me that my card company would not refund the money because of some law which allowed him to refuse refunds of gun sales, insisting that I had already purchased the gun and there was nothing I could do. The owner of the store was right there listening to this whole thing and did nothing.

This kind of sales tactic is called 'lowballing' where the salesman promises one thing at one price and then delivers less. It is most often encountered in car sales where the salesman gives you one price for the car and after you're all ready to sign the paperwork, the sales manager comes out and says the salesman made a mistake and that he didn't include something, jacking up the price a bit. At that point you're already convinced you want the car, so you agree since it's 'only a few hundred more'.

I did some research on the BBB website and apprently Discount Gun Sales has the worst rating possible. Does RA really want these guys representing their products? I wouldn't.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Sorry you had a bad experience. I agree that they probably shouldn't be allowed to be in business. They sound too greedy to me.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Sorry about that: It really sucks, and it runs counter to the experiences I have had with most folks in the business. I ordered mine form a local shop in Nov. 2007. They had it for me in a couple of weeks, exactly as ordered, and below the price quoted on the Robarms site.

tk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts