XCR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first, this picture made me laugh. But then I thought about that lady getting attacked by her friend's chimp. It made me mad that the doctors worked on her for 10 hours to keep her alive when she had no face! I really wonder if she will be glad to be alive when she wakes up. I told my wife in all seriousness that if a chimp, or any other animal for that matter, eats my face, DO NOT RESUSCITATE! :duh:

Thanks guys, I feel better now. :)

Can any of you Photoshop guys print us up a wallet sized "Do Not Resuscitate if my face gets eaten off" card?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Always been a wildlife/animal enthusiast, even taken a few animal behaviour classes and worked up close with some exotic stuff.
What you will always hear from animal handlers or trainers, without fail, is how dangerous a full grown male chimp is, much more so than tigers, bears, etc...
Keeping one as a member of the family is ludicrous, if a child throws a tantrum a dinner plate may be broken, if a chimp throws a tantrum it will eat your testicles and rip your face off. Literally.
As long as they keep insisting on cute chimps in Old Navy commercials, this will keep happening.

...And if they all turn into zombie chimps, well, then we deserve whatever we get because we TOTALLY should have seen that one coming....

;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
At first, this picture made me laugh. But then I thought about that lady getting attacked by her friend's chimp. It made me mad that the doctors worked on her for 10 hours to keep her alive when she had no face! I really wonder if she will be glad to be alive when she wakes up. I told my wife in all seriousness that if a chimp, or any other animal for that matter, eats my face, DO NOT RESUSCITATE! :duh:

Can any of you Photoshop guys print us up a wallet sized "Do Not Resuscitate if my face gets eaten off" card?
That is pretty bananas, do have a link to any picks you could send via PM? I'm in the medical field so it would be of interest to me.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Yeah, just ask Gary Busey and all the trouble he's had with his darkside lower companion monkey. Don't look him in the eyes, he'll go crazy. (applies to both)

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

That is pretty bananas, do have a link to any picks you could send via PM? I'm in the medical field so it would be of interest to me.

I've lost track of this story now that it is out of the news. I don't know whether the lady is awake or in a coma. I think if there were pictures of her post-op, they would be all over the web.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
There are lots of folks with exotic pets down here in Florida, and we regularly hear about incidents that prove why wild animals ARE NOT pets. A year or two back, a guy's pet lion got loose and police near Orlando were combing residential neighbors looking for the damn thing.

But worst was the case down in South Florida, maybe 15 years ago. These folks had a big compound with several large cats, including a leopard. Well, one day, the woman is unloading groceries from her SUV and leaves her infant buckled into the car seat, and the car door OPEN as she hauls groceries into the house. She comes back outside a few minutes later and the baby is, well, "gone." The leopard got it.

I suppose you can't legislate common sense....

tk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.