XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ha, I got this in an e-mail from a friend of mine.

> Doctors vs. Guns!!!!
>
> Doctors
> (A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
> (B) Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year are
> 120,000.
> (C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.
>
> Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services
>
>
> Now think about this:
>
> Guns
> (A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is estimated at
> 80,000,000
> (Yes, that's 80 million)
> (B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age
> groups, is 1,500
> (C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is
> .000188
>
> Statistics courtesy of FBI
>
>
> So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times
> more
> dangerous than gun owners.
>
> Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors kill
> people"
>
> FACT: Not everyone has a gun but almost everyone
> has at least one doctor.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Yeah, and licensing doctors didn't make them safer!!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's damn funny considering I'm in the medical field. I'll have to print that and pass it out to the doctors I work with. Most are gun owners / enthusiast and all hate Obama.

·
Registered
136 Posts
At first I thought this was going to be about one of those busybody groups of doctors that go around campaigning against gun ownership. As though people wouldn't know guns can damage bodily tissue unless we were told so by a doctor. Hey Doc! We know guns hurt people. In fact, thats the whole idea. These self-important groups need to understand that they need to stay out of the political part. Just like a car body shop. Fix it and STFU.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
When was the last time you saw a gun on trial? People are the crimminals, not the tools. Take one tool away and people will find an alternate.

·
Registered
66 Posts
God, are you guys uneducated...or just retarded? Don't blame doctors because THEY accidentally kill more people then gun owners. Don't blame them because it is LITERALLY their job to help people AND save their lives depending on their decision and treatment. Doctors; Accidental mistreatment or use of wrong drug occurring in death? Oops...it happens, sorry about your loss. No legal penalties to them. Gun owners; LEGAL use of firearm in life threatening situation or to prevent injury/death to others? Court, Jail, Refined Gun laws, bans. Sorry, but the use of your "high powered" rifle to save your life and the life of others is deemed "excessive force" who are YOU to play god? Oh...I'm sorry, I didn't know doctors or cops got a certificate to "Play God" after graduation as they see fit OR be dismissed of their errors due to position and job title. So all citizens, lets instate new laws to legal, safe, sane gun owners. Our new title will be "Threat evaluators" and if something is a threat we are allowed to engage it. Period. Lets all register for this title so in the event we have to use our firearms for safety and to decided who lives or dies..even by accident, it's ok because of our "title"

Lets get one thing 100% clear here right now. Cops have ZERO excuse, reason, or justifiable cause to use deadly force in ANY situation. Those that do should suffer much more severe penalties then citizens. Why? Simple. It's 2009...and for a long time now there has been more then an abundant amount of LESS THEN LETHAL alternatives for ALL LEO's. This means that in any given situation there is absolutely no use for Deadly force. But let me ask you this, as citizens...how come our ONLY alternative IS deadly force for the most part? We get punished for saving our lives and those of others if we have to kill...but wait, it's ILLEGAL for us to purchase, obtain, use, or manufacture LESS then lethal weapons. I'm sorry, but what the fuck is wrong with our country and people that we can allow such ass backward laws?? Flashbangs don't kill people, diversionary devices don't kill people, bean bags, rubber bullets, batons, stun guns..etc..don't kill people. But if you're a citizen, try purchasing any of those items legally.

So I can buy a 12g shotgun that shoots hollow slugs capable of creating horrific lethal damage upon people...but I can't buy a flash bang to stun and subdue the intruder in my house so I DO NOT have to shoot him?? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Am I totally insane and taking wacky pills here, or does anyone else see my point? We can't purchase non lethal life saving instruments....but can buy every type of gun that is lethal all day long...then be punished if used AS IT'S INTENDED TO BE USED AND SOLELY FOR THAT PURPOSE. To shoot and kill things. Target practice is to be more efficient at shooting things. We're supposed to be the best country in the world...yet It seems that all the governments in the world are not nearly corrupt as ours.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Less lethal???? I may be way off course but it came to me as I read this that if, I were a criminal and wanted to rob a store without killing. Tasers, pepper spray even, flash bangs etc, etc, etc. Would be the perfect thing. Walk into the bank a taser the guard a flash bang behind the counter. Appropriate dose of pepper spray and possible some rubber buck or a bean bag to just get my point across. Mind you not well planned out just random thought's. But damn, I as a lawabiding citizen would be scared to go to the bank after these are available to the public. By the way, I work in correction right now. I'm one on one with some mean ass people. They'll talk to me when they won't the "Police" (officers) at the facility. I really don't want them having access to air sometimes much less munitions of any type. LESS LEATHAL!!! When you have seen an the end results of respiratory arrest from pepper spray use incorrectly, or a misplaced bean bad (especially on a thin guy), or the cardiac arrest caused by electrical shock from to much of the "Stun shield". Hey! Less lethal just means slower painful death to some people.

Right or wrong. I don't want this stuff available to the general public. It's bad enough the Criminals are getting it in limited supply. :2cents:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not all doctors are anti gun. The orthopedic surgeon that fixed my knee is a huge fan of ebrs. He has a colleague who won't quit pestering me to sell him a certain rifle of mine. My local hospital/clinic have quit a few physicians on staff that are avid shooters. One builds custom bolt actions and collects Garands. Most of the pro gun professionals stay quiet and want to be left alone to enjoy their hobby in peace. The anti gun crowd love to parade around the anti gun doctors, cops,etc. and have them stand in front of the cameras and write reports in journals and grab attention to be the darlings of the media. All hoping they can sway the opinion of main stream America.

·
Registered
206 Posts
God, are you guys uneducated...or just retarded? Don't blame doctors because THEY accidentally kill more people then gun owners. Don't blame them because it is LITERALLY their job to help people AND save their lives depending on their decision and treatment. Doctors; Accidental mistreatment or use of wrong drug occurring in death? Oops...it happens, sorry about your loss. No legal penalties to them. Gun owners; LEGAL use of firearm in life threatening situation or to prevent injury/death to others? Court, Jail, Refined Gun laws, bans. Sorry, but the use of your "high powered" rifle to save your life and the life of others is deemed "excessive force" who are YOU to play god? Oh...I'm sorry, I didn't know doctors or cops got a certificate to "Play God" after graduation as they see fit OR be dismissed of their errors due to position and job title. So all citizens, lets instate new laws to legal, safe, sane gun owners. Our new title will be "Threat evaluators" and if something is a threat we are allowed to engage it. Period. Lets all register for this title so in the event we have to use our firearms for safety and to decided who lives or dies..even by accident, it's ok because of our "title"

Lets get one thing 100% clear here right now. Cops have ZERO excuse, reason, or justifiable cause to use deadly force in ANY situation. Those that do should suffer much more severe penalties then citizens. Why? Simple. It's 2009...and for a long time now there has been more then an abundant amount of LESS THEN LETHAL alternatives for ALL LEO's. This means that in any given situation there is absolutely no use for Deadly force. But let me ask you this, as citizens...how come our ONLY alternative IS deadly force for the most part? We get punished for saving our lives and those of others if we have to kill...but wait, it's ILLEGAL for us to purchase, obtain, use, or manufacture LESS then lethal weapons. I'm sorry, but what the fuck is wrong with our country and people that we can allow such ass backward laws?? Flashbangs don't kill people, diversionary devices don't kill people, bean bags, rubber bullets, batons, stun guns..etc..don't kill people. But if you're a citizen, try purchasing any of those items legally.

So I can buy a 12g shotgun that shoots hollow slugs capable of creating horrific lethal damage upon people...but I can't buy a flash bang to stun and subdue the intruder in my house so I DO NOT have to shoot him?? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Am I totally insane and taking wacky pills here, or does anyone else see my point? We can't purchase non lethal life saving instruments....but can buy every type of gun that is lethal all day long...then be punished if used AS IT'S INTENDED TO BE USED AND SOLELY FOR THAT PURPOSE. To shoot and kill things. Target practice is to be more efficient at shooting things. We're supposed to be the best country in the world...yet It seems that all the governments in the world are not nearly corrupt as ours.
WOW!?! Imo thats some f'd up ideology but glad you shared that with us.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I thought it was sarcasm. I hope it was sarcasm. If it wasn't it should be. Surely it was. :dontknow:

·
Registered
119 Posts
"Less than Lethal" or "Less Lethal"? I remember when the term was "Nonlethal" right up to the point when turds started dying when they got bean bagged.

The only absolutely sure fire way of avoiding being tasered phasered lazered or razored at the hands of the police is to follow these step by step instructions; "POLICE, TURN AWAY FROM ME, HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD, INTERLOCK YOUR FINGERS AND KNEEL ON THE GROUND! DO NOT MOVE!" Following those simple instructions will avoid most police/offender confrontations, failure to do so may result in the offenders desire to make asphalt angels due to the use of a taser, the offender being struck multiple times along the extremities and torso with an ASP Baton or PR-24, or draining copious amounts of blood and expiring due to high velocity lead poisoning. All of these results are due to poor offender judgements and reactions. :duh:

ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN

(a guide for Global Leadership)

All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate school mountain, but there in the sand pile at school.

These are the things I learned:
*Play fair.
*Don't hit people.
*Put things back where you found them.
*Clean up your own mess.
*Don't take things that aren't yours.
*Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
*Wash your hands before you eat.
*Flush.
*Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
*Take a nap every afternoon.
*When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
*Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
*And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.
Everything you need to know is in there somewhere. The Golden Rule and love and basic sanitation. Ecology and politics and equality and sane living.

Take any one of those items and extrapolate it into sophisticated adult terms and apply it to your family life or your work or government or your world and it holds true and clear and firm. Think what a better world it would be if we all - the whole world - had cookies and milk at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon and then lay down with our blankies for a nap. Or if all governments had as a basic policy to always put things back where they found them and to clean up their own mess.

And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world, it is best to hold hands and stick together.

[Source: "ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN" by Robert Fulghum. See his web site at http://www.robertfulghum.com/ ]

Always remember, "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." >:D

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"Less than Lethal" or "Less Lethal"? I remember when the term was "Nonlethal" right up to the point when turds started dying when they got bean bagged.

The only absolutely sure fire way of avoiding being tasered phasered lazered or razored at the hands of the police is to follow these step by step instructions; "POLICE, TURN AWAY FROM ME, HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD, INTERLOCK YOUR FINGERS AND KNEEL ON THE GROUND! DO NOT MOVE!" Following those simple instructions will avoid most police/offender confrontations, failure to do so may result in the offenders desire to make asphalt angels due to the use of a taser, the offender being struck multiple times along the extremities and torso with an ASP Baton or PR-24, or draining copious amounts of blood and expiring due to high velocity lead poisoning. All of these results are due to poor offender judgements and reactions. :duh:

All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate school mountain, but there in the sand pile at school.

*Play fair.
*Don't hit people.
*Clean up your own mess.
*Flush.
*When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
*Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
*And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.
Everything you need to know is in there somewhere. The Golden Rule and love and basic sanitation. Ecology and politics and equality and sane living.

Take any one of those items and extrapolate it into sophisticated adult terms and apply it to your family life or your work or government or your world and it holds true and clear and firm. Think what a better world it would be if we all - the whole world - had cookies and milk at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon and then lay down with our blankies for a nap. Or if all governments had as a basic policy to always put things back where they found them and to clean up their own mess.

And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world, it is best to hold hands and stick together.

[Source: "ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN" by Robert Fulghum. See his web site at http://www.robertfulghum.com/ ]

Then later we can all ride unicorns and melt down our guns to make a huge metal statue of a rainbow. :duh:

·
Registered
136 Posts

*Play fair.
*Don't hit people.
*Clean up your own mess.
*Flush.

I just don't even know what to make of this post. Is this a joke?

·
Registered
66 Posts
You know...I was going to respond to the responses that I got, but then I realized how funny they were and realized it would be pointless. My post was meant in sarcastic joking way...but still with valid points. I think it's hilarious that people said they don't want criminals with less then lethal items or to have that option....amazing!!! You're right, it's safer to have criminals that ONLY use lethal options. I've been pepper sprayed, I've been tazed, been close enough to a flashbang to get the idea...umm, I think I'll take anyone of those over being shot or stabbed. My mom was shot point blank with a 30-06 hunting rifle in her lower abdomen.....and lived. Seeing all those scars, tissue damage, and internal organ problems she still has makes being shot not look so fun.

Fact is, criminals are going to use whatever they want because they don't follow the rules or the law. They can obtain weapons illegally and legally...just as they could obtain flashbangs, pepper spray and anything else out there. It's not that hard to get. Citizens on the other hand don't have any options. Most states don't allow CCW. Even if you shoot someone out of self defense, chances are most likely you're going to court or jail or both anyhow. That is why people that follow the law should have less lethal options they can use.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Zac, that being said you yourself have just put and end to this discussion. If the criminals "only" had less lethal munitions and devices why would Americans need guns of any type. Good debate. I think you won the discussion. ???

·
Registered
66 Posts
Zac, that being said you yourself have just put and end to this discussion. If the criminals "only" had less lethal munitions and devices why would Americans need guns of any type. Good debate. I think you won the discussion. ???
Yes, the sarcasm is greatly appreciated ::) The fact you took everything I said completely out of context makes me question what your point is, or what point you're trying to make. I think you misread my post, or confused the sarcasm of my posts as being serious. I never said criminals should "only" have less lethal munitions....as my last post clearly stated, criminals don't follow laws and will obtain weapons/guns illegally if they want one. So to simplify that for those that get confused easily, that would mean that if Less lethal munitions were the "only" thing available.....criminals would still have guns...and we wouldn't have any. Follow me?
I love guns and wouldn't trade them for any less lethal device. Should MORE less lethal devices be available to the public? Yes, because as already stated very few places in this country allow CCW so what are we to use in self defense if we're out and away from home? Point your finger and tell them to stop? Throw your car keys at them? Write a stern letter to their mother :hopmad:? Hmm...you ARE right, we don't need less lethal anything. Just get shot or stabbed, it's much easier and painless then going through all the legal ramifications and time in court and jail you'll spend for discharging a weapon in public for self defense. Give all states CCW privilege so we can carry legally, or give us other options to use in self defense legally. So you're right, why do americans need guns of any type? Let only the criminals have them so we can ALL be victims!! Yeah!!
Good debate, I think you won that one ??? :rofl:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
When was the last time you saw a gun on trial? People are the crimminals, not the tools. Take one tool away and people will find an alternate.
My sister was anti-gun and this is how I explained it to her: First I took her to the perfect world where there are no guns, or baseball bats, bricks, knives, or high rise windows to throw you out of. You get the point.

Now, how would I stop three 250lb. muscular guys fron kicking in my door, snapping my neck and raping my wife? My point to her, as long as there is evil then murders and other crime will happen. That's the way it is! She now owns a gun.

Col Maddog :2rifle:

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts