XCR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on sportsmanguide and they were selling 5.56 ammo for 370 per 1000. It looked like lake city stuff in the pictures, but was listed as made by a Department of Defense contractor. No other info was given for it, would you trust it?

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
The good thing about an XCR is the gas regulator. If the ammo is low powered then just turn up the gas, if over powered, turn it down.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Trust Sportsmans Guide...... the only sell good stuff or your money back. I have bought loads of stuff from them over the last 20 or so years. :2cents:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Trust Sportsmans Guide
+1,never got anything bad they wouldn't take back,which wasn't much by the way.Get the club discount,it well worth it if you buy volume from them like I do,I know I saved over $200 last year by using it.

G

·
i think thats the centurion ammo thats been on the market of late.

based on what I know of ammo manufacturing plants and bulk packing, they only bulk pack factory seconds. so expect mixed lot numbers in that box.

if it's not bulk packed then it's probably not the same stuff.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Yep....my guess is Centurion as well....supposedly good stuff, but is it 5.56 or .223? Ads always said .223...but then that wouldn't be government spec ammo, right?

Sean

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
IIRC Centurion is a division of Aguila ammunition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts