XCR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I've got a Reflex. In sunlight it is fine but in certain light conditions, if you're in the shade shooting into lighted areas for instance, the reticle washes out. The Reflex model I have isn't a NV specific model so the intensity was a little too bright for a PVS14 but it worked fine.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
For shooting at the range I never have had a problem with it. It's a nice sight. My preference would be for the Aimpoint for anything other than that however. Reflex, Aimpoint, EOTech, ACOG, got 'em all but with so much use on the M68's, Aimpoint gets my nod. A little biased admittedly.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
The dot washes out in bright light. Way back I took one through class and by midday the dot was nearly invisible to the point where I was basically using irons...

I discovered Eotech not much later...

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I've had reflexes in the past, and had the same issues with the washout.
However, the new model is supposed to fix that.
I'll be interested to read some reviews:

Trijicon introduces the Trijicon Reflex, a new non-magnified, self-luminous sight engineered to provide additional light gathering capabilities.

New 42mm lens gives you the largest sight picture possible

Innovative fiber optics automatically adjust the brightness level and contrast of the aiming point to available light conditions

Parallax-free sighting enables fast, both-eyes-open target acquisition and accurate aiming

Tritium-phosphor lamp aiming reticle glows in low-light conditions for precise shot placement

Adjustment range of +/- 30 MOA (one click per inch at 100 yards)

Manufactured from cast A356-T6 aluminum with hard coat anodizing

Battery-Free

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I would think it would still be an issue much in the same way when I look through my TA31F ACOG under the shade of the shooting bench lean-to the reticle is just a black chevron but when I'm out in the 3-Gun bays it shines like a X-mas tree light. I think that problem is why they came out with their tri-power red dot. Hmmmm....been wanting to pick one of those up.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts