XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this issue has been talked about a lot. :deadhorse: Comes to mind. I also know that Alex has most likely made his decision. But I will ask anyway.

Can or will there be a option or choice in the type of magazine interface with the new XCR-M lowers? It would be nice if we could choose at the time of ordering between either the DPMS type or the G3 type.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I think there will be a G3 lower in the future,but for now it's going to be DPMs mags.Make sure you e-mail him,so he knows there's interest.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
The first ones coming out BETTER take DPMS mags!

I ordered 65 of 'em, purely on anticipation of the XCR-M.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Holly Shit Bravo, you making an extended deployment to Africa? Ya got a golf cart to drag behind you? ;D ???

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
That's 4 sets (to feed the 4 XCR-Ms I intend to order) plus another set to use for practice. 13 mags per set.

Obviously, I wouldn't need to carry more than one set at any one time...... 13 max.
Typically I only carry 9 though (for the '14, FAL, or HK) - but if I only ordered 9 each, there'd be no "room" for breakage, etc.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've been searching for DPMS mags for a fair price all over the internet, but I can't seem to find any. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Those are the ones I ordered.

When I ordered, they were 8 weeks behind in filling orders. I'm guessing now, they're probably 3 months behind.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Bravo have no fear,I spoke with Alex the other day and the DPMS lower is definately the first to be released.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I think depending on demand,there is a good chance,but you have to make sure you voice your preference....
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I'm gonna kick myself if the G3 lower comes out soon after the DPMS lower.

I've got a bunch more steel G3 mags on hand than I ordered DPMS mags. Heck, I just gave away 100 aluminum G3 mags. Since the guys I team with all have HK91 rifles as our standard back-up sticks, it'd make MUCH more sense!

But if - as I seem to remember - Alex can't get the BHO to work with the G3 mags, I'll be happy to have the CProducts mags.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
And the new Pmags too, though they are not much cheaper than the CProducts mags. i haven't been able to find much info on how the Cproducts mags are working out, only negative stuff mostly (You never really hear about the positive stuff anyways).

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I have a ptr91 and around 35 mags for it. Despite the attraction of having all those mags that would work with the xcr-m, if the bho is unworkable-screw it.

that guns ass is on the chopping block as soon as the xcr-m is released.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
From my underestanding th bolt hold open will work and so will drop free.That makes the prospect of G3 mags look very much more appealing.I have a PTR-91 too but mine is staying right where she is.That gun is too damn accurate to sell.Not to mention I will have too rifles in 7.62x51 that have commonality of magazines.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just got this reply this afternoon.

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 1:53 PM, tech <[email protected]> wrote:

Jason:

It looks like we can do DPMS or M14 mags. G3's cheap and big and ugly.

Siccerely,

Tech

I know I can live with M14 mags.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
In order of preference? 1. G3, 2> M-14 3. DPMS The G3 mags are as solid as a boat anchor...... and CHEAP. ;D :duh:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In order of preference? 1. G3, 2> M-14 3. DPMS The G3 mags are as solid as a boat anchor...... and CHEAP. ;D :duh:
That is also why I like the G3 mags. I just hope the M-14 mags are not the modified mags like Armalite did with their AR-10.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is also why I like the G3 mags. I just hope the M-14 mags are not the modified mags like Armalite did with their AR-10.
I would like to revise and extend my remarks.

Would modified M-14 (M1A) mags work? Maybe if one files off the retaining lip on the back of the mag (you know the part that locks the mag in place). And cut a hole in the side for the mag release. It might be worth a shot. :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts