XCR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No guns allowed so the face to the world is about how they have very little crime.
Unless you don't include the stabbings, and the robbers using claw hammers to kill their victims.

Are Liberals just plain stupid or what ?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
In the UK crime is up, as is violent crime using both edged weapons and guns. It is also a crime to defend yourself.

That is one of the reasons we left.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Is that for real? If so that goes in the WOW category. What about my steak knife? And also my butter knife? Oh my god the world is coming to an end. Quick lets hold hands form a dope ring and sing some peace songs. :rofl:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is real , the stamp is in the right hand corner.

Ashgar Jilow used to sell stab-proof vests to nightclub bouncers and security guards at his London military surplus store.

Now his clients are kids as young as 10 who fear they're going to be knifed at school or on the street.

``Some of them are so tiny the vests don't even fit under their school uniforms,'' said Jilow, 55, who sells about three of the 120-pound ($230) vests a week. ``Parents don't know what to do to keep their kids safe.''
Every week in London 52 teenagers are victims of knife crime, according to the Metropolitan Police. A child is stabbed to death in Britain every two weeks and knife killings outnumber gun homicides three to one, said Norman Brennan, a police officer and director of the Victims of Crime Trust.
``Knife crime is out of control and kids carry them like fashion accessories,'' Brennan said. The youngest child to be suspended from school for brandishing a blade was just five.
Last week two teenagers were knifed to death in London. Adam Regis, 15, was attacked March 17 on his way home from the movies in Newham, an east London borough that is being regenerated by the 2012 Olympics. He called his girlfriend for help as he bled to death, police said.
Three days earlier, Kodjo Yenga, 16, was stabbed to death as a gang of boys and girls chanted ``Kill him, kill him'' in Hammersmith, west London, where homes sell for more than 1 million pounds, eyewitnesses said.
But fear not: the British Government is taking steps to protect its young subjects from the wave of violent crime: more here(http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a_gP7Pj2387g)
I'm pretty sure the new knife ban will work just as good at making law abiding people easy targets for criminals and murderers - just as the ill-famed firearm ban did a decade ago.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I have an older sister who WAS anti-gun. She seemed to think that eliminating guns would get rid of murders.

I said; OK, let's go to your happy place and I'll do you one better. Besides no guns, I will remove knives, bricks, baseball bats, second story windows, no cars to run you over with, etc. You get the picture.

So here we are. Relaxed? Safe? A good happy place....... Then three 250 lb muscular guys kick the door in, I fight but they snap my neck and rape you and my wife! Then they kill you because there can be no witnesses. How? Why?

The answer is simple, evil. As long as there are evil people then murder will occur. That's why as a conservative man I feel absolutely no remorse when evil people die.

Her son now owns several firearms.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You know, I thought this was a joke until I googled it. I'm not a naive person but this has got me in to a "WTF?" coma. I thought the poster was some made up joke.

And Home Office? What, Office Depot and Home Depot combined efforts?

And how long has it been since they completely neutered all gun owners? Shit they didn't let those wounds heale up before coming after cutlery!

For God's sakes it's a fucking kitchen knife!

See for yourselves:

http://www.crimereduction.homeoffice.gov.uk/knifeamnesty.htm

Poor Brits!

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
There is a big problem with violent crimes using knives in Scotland and it is moving south. Basically it's a crime to defend yourself as when people have tried to protect themselves they have been charged with crimes and sued in civil courts. As a result crimminals can act and expect that their victims will simply submit.

The widespread use of CCTV and traffic cameras has resulted in less human policing preence and thus crimminals are pretty much free to do what they want and the police then react. For petty crimes like mugging, often they don't bother investigating at all.

I'm hoping the left wing government under Tony Blair's bitch Gordon Brown gets voted out and a decent Right wing cgovernment comes in and tries to resolve some of this. the problem is that people in general are too stupid to vote for a government that is capable. Look hope the primaries went here and what we are left with as options.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go Google Japan if you think England is bad ,they have one of the highest stabbing murder rates in the world.
The Katana is banned there like a MG is here ,yet it is smuggled in and is the weapon of choice there by Gangs and the Mob.
Two basic instincts are at work here , one the desire to be Evil and be a predator ,the other the need for self preservation and the will to survive or defend our selves.
Both are primeval to our species and no amount of laws or training is going to erase what millions of years have thought us.
Several study s on this have became gospel in England and Russia ,i dont under stand why they are going against what they already know.
Even the study in Russia said you will not succeed in crushing these basic instincts with force any more than you could stop a mother Panther from defending her young.
Like it is our basic programing , and the desire for a weapon in us is the fact we are born without any form of defense other than an articulating thumb .
So anything that fills the need to make us feel safer, is the reason down deep that we think a rifle or a sword is a necessary thing to own.
The more destructive the weapon ,the better we feel ,the better it is made the more we feel we could rely on it to save our lives.
Add shiny and beauty to it ,even better , bigger means more powerful ,so the weak then become the strong.
Look at the Neanderthal , His spear head was large and sharp ,the shaft was smooth and strong ,even if he had never used it to others it was a fearful device.
Only in Society's were the citizens are also allowed to be armed ,but where they are made to feel like a part of the greater defense of the Society,and all but required to own and train with the arms they own ,is their true peace.
A spin off of this is also low crime rates , a civilized society isnt an unarmed society ,but an intelligent organized society .
And if a Government feels different then something is wrong with that Government.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Wait until they ban meat! It's obvious that cooking steak desensitizes people to flesh and blood and causes them to stab their fellow neighbors, we can't have any of that.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Man that must SUCK! Of course, if those idiots keep voting for the leftist Labor Party they'll continue to be subjigated under these unfair laws.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Well, they are starting to realize the issues, but the problem is that the right wing party, Conservatives or Torys, are unlikely to repeal any of those laws and the damage has already been done.

The whole of Europe is gradually going left wing.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its the same as it is here ,the big cities amass the most votes .
The one thing i did see when i was there visiting my Aunt was a movement that if you are working for the Government or on any form of Government subsidy you are not allowed to vote.
Im sure it never went anywhere but it is a good idea , They claimed you would be casting a vote that was tainted .

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
The problem there as here is that as a result most people couldn't vote then.

Who here gets tax credits? 1 in 7 american workers works for or in concert with local , state or federal government.

It's a nice idea but stands no chance of winning.

Governments look for thos ewho will support them. No offense but look at poor hispanics, african americans and white flocking to the Democrats based on promises of free helthcare and improves social security. What about those of us who have to pay for that shit.

In the UK in the 70s there was a big push for social servies etc.. The wealthy left the country and the pound was devalued. Left wing governments are no good for long term running of countries. China was going bust before Clinton, the idiot, opened the borders and sent US jobs and income to China. Now who owns who?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AHHH ,But Muckey we yo berry berry goot friends.
You buy China OK , It made from best material , You like ,1000 people here say Good. ( or they better )

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Hey, my company runs a couple of data and development centers over there. The execs initiated it as a good idea etc..... Today we are reducing the size of the centers and pulling back somewhat. The truth was a little less rosey than the claims.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
A guy who used to work for me here moved back and hates it. He is working for a major bank and pulling in good money, around $1000 per day, but fined that even that doesn't allow a comfortable lifestyle. Who want's to go to a pub and pay $10 for a beer. He doesn't feel safe walking down the street and told me yesterday that stabbings are up drastically as is other crime.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Ironically, gun crime is up as well.

I love the UK and try and go every couple of years, but London has really sank into a shithole compared to the way it was 10 years ago. These days I prefer Edinburgh

1 - 19 of 19 Posts