XCR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this setup? Will it work? Would I need a spacer of some sort to get them to line up?

I would like 4X and the ability to switch to 1x. The Elcan SpecterDR would be optimal but price and limited supply make it pretty much out of the question. The Trijicon 4x Models plus a red dot are another option but I didn't love the reticle options. I'll be using it on a 6.8 XCR.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I haven't used/handled/played with an eotech magnifier. When I stepped up from my clone magnifier to a name brand, I wanted to go with the eotech's as it was cheaper. From what I could tell, the eotech mag centers the dot by adjusting the base of the unit, not internally like the aimpoint.

This scared me off as I was not convinced it would work with a variety of mounting heights.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I haven't used/handled/played with an eotech magnifier. When I stepped up from my clone magnifier to a name brand, I wanted to go with the eotech's as it was cheaper. From what I could tell, the eotech mag centers the dot by adjusting the base of the unit, not internally like the aimpoint.

This scared me off as I was not convinced it would work with a variety of mounting heights.
Agreed, my buddy just got back from R&R shooting his new AR setup with the Eotech magnifier on it. He said if you just pushed the button to let it spring to the side it would sometimes "uncenter" itself. He said it has adjustments on it to center the dot in the middle of the magnifier.

Me, I would purchase something that you can throw in the Larue Mount. I saw a new company marketing one the other day in a gun rag, just don't remember what brand. Looked like a quality piece without the Eotech/Aimpoint name/price attached to it. I will try to find it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Don't know about the Aimpont CompML3 but with an Eotech I have used both the Aimpoint 3x magnifier and the Eotech 3x magnifier. Both worked good.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know about the Aimpont CompML3 but with an Eotech I have used both the Aimpoint 3x magnifier and the Eotech 3x magnifier. Both worked good.
Guess that's a step in the right direction. Sounds like it works in reverse at least. Aimpoint magnifier and EOTech sight.

The FTS coming out of center so easily concerns me but then I'm not shooting anything but paper so I have time to pop it back in place.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reply from Optics Planet below.  Didn't realize the EOTech 4x magnifier has a rectangular sight picture.  Guess that would make sense though since the EOTech red dot sights are rectangular. :duh: 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi,

This will work, but not perfectly. The EOTech magnifier has a rectangular picture and the Aimpoint has a round picture. The Aimpoint will be cutting off some of your field of view. I would use the Aimpoint 3X magnifier. This will line up better with your Aimpoint sight.

Aimpoint magnifier
http://www.opticsplanet.net/aimpoint-3x-mag-magnifying-module-11324.html

Mount
http://www.opticsplanet.net/aimpoint-twist-mount-for-3x-magnifyer.html

Best regards,

*NAME DELETED*
Your Personal Product Expert
[email protected]
US Toll-Free Phone: (800) 504-5897
Intl. Calls. (847) 513-6201
Fax:  (847) 919-3003
http://www.OpticsPlanet.com