XCR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up at the "Gun Show" here in town today for $450 tax included. Is this a pretty good price? It is the FTS (Flip to Side) mount.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also forgot to mention that I saw our XCR-L in 5.56 to 7.62 for nothing less that $2k w/o BUIS, only the folding tube stock. :eek:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Also forgot to mention that I saw our XCR-L in 5.56 to 7.62 for nothing less that k w/o BUIS, only the folding tube stock. :eek:
Yeah, that's $100 less than what they were asking at the most recent Ft Lauderdale gun show. I asked the guy if he had any kind of price matching guarantee and he laughed.

"You know, this is $400 more than the current prices online?" This time he just kinda glared at me.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I told a dealer something like that,a guy at another table had the same firearm 30 bucks cheaper.He refused to sell me anything after I said that.Yea,I know $30 don't sound like much,but it was a $200 Kel-tec P3AT,almost 15% difference on that inexpensive a firearm is a bit much.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
That sounds like a decent price for that, especially at a gun show, you'll have to let us know how you like it. I just went to one of our local gunshows yesterday. I went Saturday but there were so many people waiting to get in I just turned around.

It seems like anything starting with AR-... must be worth at least $1100. Some ammunition was $100 per case over what I could have it delivered to the door for the exact same round. And having to pay 9.8% sales tax on top of that. As bad as some of the gun prices were, the ammunition mark-up was just ridiculous. Of course you could always get 10 beat to crap surplus aluminum AR magazines for $100.

And what really irks me, is most of the stuff that's being sold is not even decent quality. Lots of vendors with piles of Taiwan or China manufactured junk. Every time I go I think it looks more and more like a flea market than a gun show.

Sorry, rant off.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Some ammunition was 0 per case over what I could have it delivered to the door for the exact same round. And having to pay 9.8% sales tax on top of that. As bad as some of the gun prices were, the ammunition mark-up was just ridiculous. Of course you could always get 10 beat to crap surplus aluminum AR magazines for 0.

And what really irks me, is most of the stuff that's being sold is not even decent quality. Lots of vendors with piles of Taiwan or China manufactured junk. Every time I go I think it looks more and more like a flea market than a gun show.

Sorry, rant off.
This is EXACTLY why I refuse to go to the local shows. MFers are GREEDY and want to hold you hostage for every dollar they can. Combine that with the flood of foreign JUNK (China, Taiwan, etc.) - and we suffer even more.

Quality doesn't seem to mean shit anymore...

Oh, and that is a NICE magnifier you picked up! ;D

This is a little off topic, but I feel compelled to rant as well.

I went to my local metal distributor to get some materials to weld up a couple bases for my steel auto-popper targets and was bitching to the sales guy about the price increases. He said what is worse is that most of their steel in inventory is CHINESE and that the superior quality US MADE STEEL is being shipped overseas to CHINA. WTF?!?

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah the ammo was way high, did not buy anything there. Guess those Zombies will have to wait....

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
was looking at the Saiga 12's too and they were at least 100% higher than you can get them elsewhere for......... :mad: :eek:

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
some shop in Miami quoted me verbally on a Gemtech G5 for $599, I am going to call them but will not be holding my breath.

So far the 3x seems great, have not shot with it as yet though, still adjusting the windage and elevation for the view through the HWS but will keep you posted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts