·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you guys prefer?

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I like my 553. It does everthing I need it to do very efficiently. The only thing, in my humble opinion, the CompM4 has going for it over any other quality red dot is the AA battery life is phenomenal.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I like my 553. It does everthing I need it to do very efficiently. The only thing, in my humble opinion, the CompM4 has going for it over any other quality red dot is the AA battery life is phenomenal.
Me too. I love the sight picture. Large circle for speed. 1 MOA dot for more precision.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
552 or 512.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have an 552.A65/1 and an AimPoint 3X Magnifier with QD. I am very happy with the way that they work together. I also have the EOTech lined up with the front sight. The whole deal works well with my night vision goggle. I have the confidence that only comes with knowing that you've got the drop on the bad guy(s) and they don't even know that you are there!

Which do you guys prefer?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I personally like Aimpoints. I've owned both the Eotech 510 and 552. I just never really liked either one. I prefer the single red dot over the holographic picture. Currently I have the M4, T-1 and ML3. All over them are awesome, but I think I like the T-1 most. Right now I'm using it on my XCR with a Larue 416 mount. Its super quick to get on target, and I can hit steel plates at over 200 yards with no problem. I don't feel like the 4 moa dot size is too big at all. In fact, it doesn't seem that big to me.

As far as the Comp M4, I'm using it on my LWRC. I do like it a lot, but it is a little heavy. I'm thinking of replacing it with another Micro T-1. IMO the T-1 is by far the best red dot on the market right now. Take a look at one if you get a chance.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I like them both, they have their pros and cons. My next purchase will be a T-1.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only thing stopping me from getting an Acog is that the eye relief is too short. less than 3" I believe. :mad:

·
Registered
113 Posts
The only thing stopping me from getting an Acog is that the eye relief is too short. less than 3" I believe. :mad:
The eye relief varies on different ACOG models. My TA31RCO-M150CP in 4x32 is calibrated for and M4 and it does have a short eye relief. It is sighted in mounted well back on on the rail and I usually have the six position stock set in one notch to get the best sight picture from it. But my TA31RCO-A4CP in 4x32 is calibrated for an A4 w/20" barrel and it has considerably longer eye relief.

Though they doesn't have any magnification, my Reflex II sights are still my preferred sights on both.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
T1

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was debating with the choices of Eotech & Aimpoint, I went with aimpoint after viewing both side by side. I really had trouble focusing past the eotech's "fuzzy" reticle. I've had no problem seeing the M4S 2moa dot that I'm using.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I prefer Eotech because I like the reticle. Out the box it's also the perfect height for the XCR.

However, aimpoints are probably the better all around optic to be honest. I've used both

·
Registered
350 Posts
Comp M4, the battery (single AA) last longer than the average marriage (8 years) with the sight is on. 2moa dot, it also has a self setting torque fastener which really helps to maintain the zero after reinstalling it. better bang for the buck, it looks good too. I don't care for the Go-bot lines of the eotech, and if you have astigmatism the reticle will likely be blurry without your glasses due to the fact that the reticle is actually a bunch of small red dots in the shape of a reticle which will produce a bicycle spoke like effect to the user with the above mentioned vision disorder. :2cents:

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have a Trijicon Reflex RX01-23 (6.5 MOA) Amber dot. I like it alot, but. When I was at the March 1st shootout. I got to compare it to both VB's EoTech and MadDog's Amipoint. I must admit, you can't beat the EoTech for speed. The Reflex will wash out anything orange. (Like clay pigeons.) The Aimpoint the dot is too small. (For me) The EoTech was very fast to pick up, and a nice clear lens. A real no compromise sight.

Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Could someone post a poll? Eotech or Aimpoint?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Poll Added. ;D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts