XCR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just wondering if you put a magnifier behind either one of these sights does the size of the hologram and or red dot increase as well. Its just that I have that meprolight on my Tavor and I find the dot too big to shoot at anything beyond 50 yards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I know the reticule on an Eotech increases with magnification, so I would assume yes on the Meprolight 21.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
The reticle doesn't increase much on the Eotech, It actually looks clearer when magnified.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I know now I won't be putting a magnifier on either now. I will just buy an ACOG or another elcan.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
If you aren't sure of you want one but would like to try it a cheap alternative is the poor boy special from Larue. If you don't like it you could always get you money back out of it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi guys just wondering if you put a magnifier behind either one of these sights does the size of the hologram and or red dot increase as well. Its just that I have that meprolight on my Tavor and I find the dot too big to shoot at anything beyond 50 yards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You can turn down the intensity and get a very small, precise dot that is capable of nice groups. I have a Ecotech with an Eotech 3X magnifier and am very happy with it. I don't see an increase in the size of the dot with my set up.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Eotech is damn awesome with magnification. Much better than aimpoint. If anything it makes the ret. even clearer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts