XCR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
When set on medium to high intensity the 1MOA dot has two faint points of light that appear, one to the left and one to the right of the point of impact dot. Obviously reflections of a sort. Any of you guys experiencing this?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think I know what you are talking about. I have an EOTech with a EOTech 3X Magnifier and was just shooting with it last night. As you mentioned, you should turn down the intensity of the lighting so the dot is more precise for long distance accuracy. I also found that I needed to move my head around back and forth and side to side to find the sweet spot of a clear pinpoint red dot. I don't know how much is one's personal eye sight, reflection, glare through your shooting glasses, etc. so YMMV.

I was at the NRA range where the max distance is 50 yards but I was able to consistently hit quarter to half dollars sized groups with the 3X once I focused on this issue.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Yep, what he said. Turn down the dot intensity, I put mine where I can see it clearly then -1 from that. as it get darker you will lessen. I have yet had to crank mine up to full intensity, even on the sunniest days.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Carl and Aziator are both right, your intensity is too high. I have experienced the same problem. Just turn it down and enjoy. :2cents:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts