XCR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This vendor is offering a 15% discount of their regular advertised price.

For example, an EOTech 512 - regularly $399 - $339 with discount

EOTech 552.A65 (NV capable) - regularly $479 - $407 with discount

http://www.botachtactical.com/

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Good prices but I have heard that Botach Tactical can be a little sketchy on delivery. I personally have never ordered anything from them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered an ACOG from Botach about 10 years ago. It didn't come with any screws. When I called, they weren't helpful. Instead of arguing with them, I called Trijicon and ordered a couple of screws.

However, I've also purchased lights from them, without issue.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Yup!

I've made more than a few orders through those folks.
If they've got it in (and it's not a clearance item) they'll send it ASAP.

If it's a clearance item, it might take them a few months to send it.

If neither is the case, then cancel your order - 'cause you ain't gonna get it any time. That is, if you can get ahold of anyone to cancel your order. And they've already charged the card way back when.....

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to what I can determine, this is an overstock sale... :)

I've had no real issues with Botach, and just ordered a $149 Pelican rifle case for my next build. :ninja:

If you can find a better/similar deal - heck by all means go for it. ;D

I understand completely how it is when you get poor service from a distributor! :duh:

·
Registered
384 Posts
they would have to be cheaper than that to tempt me. they are just reflex or red dot sights, what makes them so exspensive??? name brand, longer battery time, made out of gold maybe?lol

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
they would have to be cheaper than that to tempt me. they are just reflex or red dot sights, what makes them so exspensive??? name brand, longer battery time, made out of gold maybe?lol
A big part of the cost is durability. Aimpoints, Eotech's and ACOG's can take more abuse than most other commercially available optics. To range shooters this doesnt matter, but the more carbine class and training you do the more you'll appreciate an optic that holds up well in tough conditions.

There is a reason Aimpoints, Eotech's and ACOG's are the optics of choice for the USA military. It's not the name either. All three are very different, so I would recommend giving them all a spin and seeing what appeals to you most

Personally I prefer Eotech. I like the interface, reticule and overall design. It's also very fast.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shipping / service update...

Now listen, I am no fan of shitty customer service, and BoTach has apparently lacked in that area a few times - confirmed by some of the posts here - but I recently ordered a new Desert Tan Pelican 1750 rifle case for $169 (free shipping) and it was delivered in 6 days.

I had one previous problem where they shorted me a set of Meprolight sights for one of my HK's - but a couple e-mails to customer service worked it out.

Hope this helps! :2cents:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts