XCR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
No, but I have spoken to the owner of Ergo a couple of times, super nice guy. I am sure either him or Terra would be willing to get you a new product that was in spec.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Never seen those before. ???

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I am assuming that you got the standard Ergo rail covers with your rifle. That is what I got but they may be using something else now. Talk to Terra, she will square you away.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Old thread, but I finally got a set of the locking rail covers. They fit (are you sitting down?) tightly, with absolutely no wiggle or play. Shoot the gun as much as you like, and (be still my heart!) they don't move around. You actually get rock solid control of the foreend. The gun feels, well, like a $1700 gun ought to feel. Except for the junk trigger, of course, but that'll soon be history. Anyway, these panels are pricey but worth it, to me at least.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I have a couple black magpul rail covers I bought. I only have two.. but if you want them, you can have them. It would work well with a vertical grip. I got WAY cooler ones from gr8santini. ;D ;D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Terra, but I'm really happy with these Ergos. I just passed my experience along for those like me who find the monolithic upper kinda clunky to begin with, and really tough to control when the covers move around. With tight covers it's much, much better. Come July (trigger time!) I'll have a trouble finding something to complain about. On the rifle, anyway. I can always find fault somewhere or other, any time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts