XCR Forum banner

ETA on SBR barrels?

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  aziator 
#1 ·
Any word 12" SBR barrels with new gas system? I have an XCR begging to be SBR'ed

Thanks

#3 ·
VB,

I spoke with Chuck , of RobArm, today and he told me that they should start assembly of the heavy barrelled XCR just as soon as the barrels come in from the Chromers. Chuck also informed me that they will be producing completed SBR within the next 3 to 4 weeks (hopefully) From what I gather, if you want just the barrel you will have to wait till they catch up building the rifles first.

VB, please drop me an e-mail when you can at roy@aussiearms.com

#6 ·
I'm about to put in an order for a 11" SBR. Is there any reason to go with the standard 12" as far as performance/operation/reliability is concerned? I just don't want to purchase an "experimental length" barrel or anything.

Any concerns with an 11"? If so ... I'll just order the 12".

#8 ·
Both my short barrels are cut to 11.5", only because the place that cuts them for me can't get them into the CNC lathe any more (something to do with the HUGE chamber end). My 6.8 runs fine on setting 2. My 5.56 I have to leave on setting 4. I will probably start opening it up 5thousands of an inch until it runs a little better. Not saying that it doesn't run good, I just want to run it on a lower gas setting.

If you have a light barrel make sure if you have it cut yourself that the person doing it knows what they are doing. After you thread the muzzle for the flashhider there isn't much shoulder left. Especially if you are shooting a can, it is easy to get the threads crooked just a little bit and not have the shoulder to help seat the FH. Last thing you want is a baffle strike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.