XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the approx. lead time on an XCR-L ordered from the factory (and transferred to my local FFL, ofcourse)? Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
There's a thread in the general forum about this very subject. They'll probably tell ya 8 weeks, but if you get it in 12 you're doing pretty good. The consensus for getting one fast seems to be calling RA and asking what dealers have just received shipments or are about to and then buying one from that dealer and having it transfered.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Terra - How's about a stickied thread where you post current info on which dealers you just shipped x number of x type of XCR's to?
Folks looking for XCR's could be directed to that thread and the dealers might appreciate the referrals, a WIN/WIN for everyone! :)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Wait times are zero if you puchase from a stocking dealer. That's the best advice I can give if you dont like wait times. And dont forget to check Gunbroker

All in all, in this politcal climate, 12 weeks isnt all that terrible, but obviously right away is always better.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Other than the occasional slightly cheap shots I take, I'm not worried about it taking a little longer than initially expected. Hell, I was kinda shocked that they quoted me 8 weeks. Unfortunately, I live in the PRK and the dealers in my neck of the woods have left me terribly unimpressed. My options were somewhat limited and buying direct and having a local dealer do the transfer seemed my best option and one I was glad to have. Considering the buying frenzy and everything else, I'm just glad to have my order in the queue.

The worst part is even after the dealer gets it I still have the mandatory 10 day wait. I don't even get time served...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hey there, it's not a bad idea to have a dealer relationship. Purchasing your XCR may be done best by just this gesture. Either way, it is worth the wait! WOW!

There's a thread in the general forum about this very subject. They'll probably tell ya 8 weeks, but if you get it in 12 you're doing pretty good. The consensus for getting one fast seems to be calling RA and asking what dealers have just received shipments or are about to and then buying one from that dealer and having it transfered.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Wait times are zero if you puchase from a stocking dealer. That's the best advice I can give if you dont like wait times. And dont forget to check Gunbroker

All in all, in this politcal climate, 12 weeks isnt all that terrible, but obviously right away is always better.
In my experience, gunbroker.com is a rip-off haven. I have never seen an XCR sell for less than $1800 with most going over $2000. The dealers listing guns on that site will set the initial bid higher than the list price on their own web sites!

I bought my XCR from a gunbroker dealer who had an auction starting at $1799. The "buy it now" price was $1899. Someone paid the higher price and the auction evaporated, but when I checked the web site for the dealer that price was $1699. I called and ordered a rifle for the web price and it was delivered in a week. Still pricier than waiting from the factory but not outrageously so.

Always check around for the best price if you don't want to wait for a factory order.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I called Alli to order mine then she said to check out Doug's since they had some in stock. Called Doug's ordered it from them and should have it sometime next week. "I'm so excited, and I just can't hid it! I'm bout to lose control and I think I like!"

So check out the thread about where to get XCR's now and get you one ordered...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Back in the day, I waited pretty close to 6 months and though it was tough, IT WAS WORTH EVERY DAY of it! You won't regret it!
S

What's the approx. lead time on an XCR-L ordered from the factory (and transferred to my local FFL, ofcourse)? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
There would have to be a "SECURE SYSTEM" put into place. There is more information involved here that it should be on a "need to know" basis. Telling everyone your production and delivery schedules is NOT a secure way to do business.

Back in the day, I waited pretty close to 6 months and though it was tough, IT WAS WORTH EVERY DAY of it! You won't regret it!
S

Terra - How's about a stickied thread where you post current info on which dealers you just shipped x number of x type of XCR's to?
Folks looking for XCR's could be directed to that thread and the dealers might appreciate the referrals, a WIN/WIN for everyone! :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Allison told me the ship dates are officially 12 weeks as of calculations this morning.
Cool, so mine should be here about....a week ago. lol! Just funnin' wit ya.

Seriously though, I am sure it will be worth the wait. I'm used to waiting. Everything I order seems to be backordered.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Welcome,
These days you can go into most any gun dealer anywhere and almost none are selling weapons for "list price"........check it out. Also, whatever caliber XCR that you are getting, you had better get on the ball and buy every bit of ammo that you can get your hands on. I had a deal on some ammo night before last and I made the mistake of letting it go for less than 24 hours and I had to pay $2.50 HIGHER in 24 hours for a box of 20...Shop till you drop, it will give you something to do while you are waiting. It would be a real shame for you to get your weapon and then you couldn't get anything to shoot in it. Believe me, when they are "SOLD OUT" the lead times for re supply are getting WAY out of hand! I just checked that ammo site a little while ago, and the $2.50 box up-price doesn't matter now. THEY ARE OUT!......

In my experience, gunbroker.com is a rip-off haven. I have never seen an XCR sell for less than 00 with most going over 00. The dealers listing guns on that site will set the initial bid higher than the list price on their own web sites!

I bought my XCR from a gunbroker dealer who had an auction starting at 99. The "buy it now" price was 99. Someone paid the higher price and the auction evaporated, but when I checked the web site for the dealer that price was 99. I called and ordered a rifle for the web price and it was delivered in a week. Still pricier than waiting from the factory but not outrageously so.

Always check around for the best price if you don't want to wait for a factory order.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Dougs in Utah still has XCR's.

There is no need to wait. I know I keep saying this, but I just dont understand why people dont buy from stocking dealers more often.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Maybe because paying not having to pay dealer markup is more important to some people than a few weeks wait time.Not everyone can just throw $150 away,just because they are impatient.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Maybe because paying not having to pay dealer markup is more important to some people than a few weeks wait time.Not everyone can just throw 0 away,just because they are impatient.

You might want to recheck dealer prices vs ordering direct prices.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I ordered mine from Doug's saved me like $100 with shipping and even including dealer transfer. Check out a stocking dealer first you may be surprised.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'd have ordered from a stocking dealer if I had known of any stocking dealers. Plus I had figured the estimated ship date would have been more or less closer than what it is now. Ordered Nov 12th, figured 8-10 weeks. But, I'm not complaining. Just ready to send some rounds down range.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I fell for the XCR last fall

Dealer actually gave me a discount on it, and he had put on a stock and grips. Stock is good, the grips are the wrong color (green on a black gun, ugh), but you can't acoutn for taste, and the stock Veltor is top notch.

I was only looking, but he was listed as a dealer, I called, he had one. He was anoyed I bought it and he had a caliber conversion kit coming in and want to try the swap.

Things will settle down. Obama isn't going to take your guys, or even try. If the Demos got one think lately, its that's a looser goal in the US, and they were getting trashed over a couple of issues vs what they offered (good or bad its your choice of view).

Ammo should get less expensive with the drop in prices of commodities.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hey Vermilion, I really like the looks of your soldier man on the front of your site.
Where can I get one??. Thanks, Chris
Sinker

I'd have ordered from a stocking dealer if I had known of any stocking dealers. Plus I had figured the estimated ship date would have been more or less closer than what it is now. Ordered Nov 12th, figured 8-10 weeks. But, I'm not complaining. Just ready to send some rounds down range.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts