XCR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that you will really get a lot out of this, I certainly do. I hope and pray that Our Country will always feel this way about Our Service Men and Women! When I came home, I was abhorred, spit upon and generally treated like a moron, slug and other demeaning terms.....makes me sick to think about it! There are OVER 58,000! DEAD Service People from all Branches and many, many more of us that still suffer the hurts and nightmares that will NEVER LEAVE US! I CERTAINLY DO NOT WANT THESE FOLKS TO BE TREATED AS WE WERE!
SINKER

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As we rotated back thru Oakland Int. in '68, there were demonstrators inside and outside the airport. They were shaking signs, fists, peace signs, generally making asses out of themselves. My guys were in no mood for this type of crap, so, all things being as they were, we hurled our on insults back at the beggers. One thing led to another and the next thing you know it got into pushing and shoving, some punches were thrown, the MP's and AP's moved in and all the chicken shits could do then was SPIT at us, etc....... Two other times coming back, I had no problems, just heard of others having similar situations. By the way, there were at least three branches of Our Forces involved there that day, Army, USAF and Navy.......it didn't make a crap what uniform we wore, we were and still are AMERICANS! Those other "people", male and female were and still are nothing but yellow bellied bastards! Most of us in that group just wanted to get back into the "world". We weren't prepaired for any such crap from our own. Things like that AND that traitorous bitch, Jane Fonda and her puke husband, Tom Haden, one just doesn't forget!
SINKER

A superb presentation, Sinker. Thanks for posting the link.

Out of curiosity, where was it that you were treated that way? I ETS'd in '67, but never experienced such behavior, myself, nor did my best friend when he returned from RVN in '71.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I too returned through Oakland, on one of my trips coming back, and had a problem. Had a Har Krisna (spelling?) call me a baby killer, and the fu*k spit in my face. I lost it and broke his nose, land broke the wrist of his fellow Krisna. Next thing I remember I was cuffed in the cruiser and headed for jail. Cop ended up being an ex-marine and let me go with a warning. We both laughed like hell about it. :copcar:

·
Registered
439 Posts
To Sinker, Stank, Gunner69, and any others on this blog that served:

You are owed a tremendous debt of gratitude that in most cases can never be repaid. Those that fail to acknowledge this have a fundamental deficiency in their soul. Though I have never served, I've always felt yours was the noblest profession. Thank you for your service and to those today that risk all they have for me and mine.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Oakland, eh? I guess that accounts for the difference. I flew into Travis AFB.

No protesters allowed. ;D
As we rotated back thru Oakland Int. in '68, there were demonstrators inside and outside the airport.
Out of curiosity, where was it that you were treated that way? I ETS'd in '67, but never experienced such behavior, myself...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Gunner, I must say that I am a bit jealous! I think the best I got in was a bloody nose. The MP's & AP's just wanted to keep the peace. I/we found out that they had begun stationing about eight teams of each that pulled 12 on and 12 off, 24-7. The Oakland PD, made noise about charging some of us with assualt and battery, then, and only that time, I was proud of the MP's and AP's, they sort of took the OPD's to the side and let them know that "they" would take care us, that "they" had jurisdiction over us, bla, bla, bla.....

I too returned through Oakland, on one of my trips coming back, and had a problem. Had a Har Krisna (spelling?) call me a baby killer, and the fu*k spit in my face. I lost it and broke his nose, land broke the wrist of his fellow Krisna. Next thing I remember I was cuffed in the cruiser and headed for jail. Cop ended up being an ex-marine and let me go with a warning. We both laughed like hell about it. :copcar:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Sir. These are certainly different days. I mean the war against terrorists has a better foundation than Our VN War that was called a "conflict" by the politicians who were getting rich off of good people's blood and guts! What do you think this Country would be like today "if" we had lost 45000 to 58000 people instead of 4000+? I DO NOT IN ANYWAY MEAN TO DEMEAN OUR PEOPLE SERVING IN IRAQ AND AFIGANISTAN, but, we all have to admit that there is a HUGH difference, both in the casualty rates and the pride and respect that Our Country affords Our Troops these days. I, for one, will NOT TOLERATE any disrespect to Our Troops! Right now, I am VERY CONCERNED about how this new administration will end up treating Our People in the Service of Our Country......I have NO TRUST OR CONFIDENCE in this new regime. They really concern me in this and a number of other ways. I am glad to see that an ever growing group of Our now serving Service men and women are bringing suit against Obama in Our Court systems, to force Obama to produce his actual birth certificate. I, for one am willing to do whatever I can to help this action along, because I am more and more convinced that the more he hides this OR attempts to ignore the efforts that have been made so far, makes me feel more and more suspicious. After all, IF HE HAS NOTHING TO HIDE, THEN WHY DOESN'T HE JUST PRODUCE HIS REAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE? Where there is smoke, there is FIRE! I am really concerned that we are in for some rough times ahead and I don't think that they are too far away, so GET READY!

You are owed a tremendous debt of gratitude that in most cases can never be repaid. Those that fail to acknowledge this have a fundamental deficiency in their soul. Though I have never served, I've always felt yours was the noblest profession. Thank you for your service and to those today that risk all they have for me and mine.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Travis is where we "thought" we were going, but that certainly wasn't the case, don't ask me why, we really didn't give a crap though. That L-1011 or DC-10, I can't remember which landed and we knew we had gotten back into the "world" and frankly we didn't give a crap, UNTIL, we ran into that sorry bunch! I forgot to include that there were Hari Chrisinas, I know that isn't the way to spell it, though I really don't give a darn, there also, but they, at least to my knowledge, didn't get into the other crap that the bunch of hippies did. They just chanted their crap and banged on their tamborines.....crazy bastards!
Sinker

Oakland, eh? I guess that accounts for the difference. I flew into Travis AFB.

No protesters allowed. ;D
As we rotated back thru Oakland Int. in '68, there were demonstrators inside and outside the airport.
Out of curiosity, where was it that you were treated that way? I ETS'd in '67, but never experienced such behavior, myself...

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

+1000,very well said,along with my own admiration and appreciation.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I am currently enlisted and my father spent over three tours in Vietnam with the Army finally retiring in 83' with 22 years in. He is my hero. Recently while visiting my sister in Hawaii, he saw quite a few Army guys running around in their ACU's at the NEX. He made it a point to thank those guys for everything they do because he never got that when he came back.

Those same motherf*ckers who treated our fathers, brothers, (or some of the forum members) like sh*t are now either in major corporations or other positions of power influencing the way our country is run.

No wonder we're going to hell in a handbasket.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I am currently enlisted and my father spent over three tours in Vietnam with the Army finally retiring in 83' with 22 years in. He is my hero. Recently while visiting my sister in Hawaii, he saw quite a few Army guys running around in their ACU's at the NEX. He made it a point to thank those guys for everything they do because he never got that when he came back.

Those same motherf*ckers who treated our fathers, brothers, (or some of the forum members) like sh*t are now either in major corporations or other positions of power influencing the way our country is run.

No wonder we're going to hell in a handbasket.
Where are you stationed? I am down at Hunter AAF.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Gottcha, what service? I have a buddy in my unit here that used to be a Navy Diver, I think he said he spent a little time up that way.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
What I figured, I spent a day with a Navy EOD team a few months back in Iraq, I think they were out of VA, though maybe it was charleston, SC. Good group of guys with some REAL nice kit.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
AZ
Depends on which MU they were. The MU in Charleston is moving north. They'll have a reserve det there still, but there active component has moved.
There is NO shortage of good kit at EOD. I've got a lot of buddies over there and they always have some Gucci gear.

Speaking of which, check out a trailer for the movie, Hurt Locker. It's about Army EOD, but we won't hold that against them, wink, wink.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts