Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys:

I've got to get the new stock in production. The FAGPUL stocks are making me sick. Nicely made but too darn thick. I have something which is very elegant looking and tough too. I'll keep ya all posted as soon as I can.

Sincerley,

Alex J. Robinson
Manager
Hey Mr. Robinson,
You've probably taken about as much grief on your Romney stuff as you can stomach and I'm not piling on, but I got to call you on this post. First off, let me say, I think you are a genius. I have owned a Vepr, I have an XCR and have a 6.5, and 7.62 on order. The participation of Robinson Arms folks on this forum is a huge plus and I admire your responsiveness to your customers. I think you have serious game at designing guns. Your products stand on there own. There really isn't a need to slam Magpul. In my experience they make pretty good stuff. There certainly isn't a need to use epithets and homophobic insults to do it. It doesn't make you look good, it caters to the stereotype of gun owners being a bunch of ignorant red necks, and it alienates customers. Here in the northwest, we have had several anti gay violent attacks and I have had many gay colleagues ask me for fire arms instruction. I think spreading the sunshine to all people, arming and training law abiding folks, regardless of their orientation is a good thing. The time is coming when the 2nd amendment is going to need all the supporters it can get. When a gay prospective customer searches this website to find out whether the XCR is a good choice for a defensive rifle (and I think it is), and they come across your post, do you think it will encourage them to buy your product?

Stepping off my soapbox! Have a good new year.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Guys:

I've got to get the new stock in production. The FAGPUL stocks are making me sick. Nicely made but too darn thick. I have something which is very elegant looking and tough too. I'll keep ya all posted as soon as I can.

Sincerley,

Alex J. Robinson
Manager
Hey Mr. Robinson,
You've probably taken about as much grief on your Romney stuff as you can stomach and I'm not piling on, but I got to call you on this post. First off, let me say, I think you are a genius. I have owned a Vepr, I have an XCR and have a 6.5, and 7.62 on order. The participation of Robinson Arms folks on this forum is a huge plus and I admire your responsiveness to your customers. I think you have serious game at designing guns. Your products stand on there own. There really isn't a need to slam Magpul. In my experience they make pretty good stuff. There certainly isn't a need to use epithets and homophobic insults to do it. It doesn't make you look good, it caters to the stereotype of gun owners being a bunch of ignorant red necks, and it alienates customers. Here in the northwest, we have had several anti gay violent attacks and I have had many gay colleagues ask me for fire arms instruction. I think spreading the sunshine to all people, arming and training law abiding folks, regardless of their orientation is a good thing. The time is coming when the 2nd amendment is going to need all the supporters it can get. When a gay prospective customer searches this website to find out whether the XCR is a good choice for a defensive rifle (and I think it is), and they come across your post, do you think it will encourage them to buy your product?

Stepping off my soapbox! Have a good new year.

They salute you Damien!!

By i303

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Would you like one of those guys standing BEHIND you?.............. I think not.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I think Damien has a good point.

No, I would not want one of those guys standing close behind me. :eek:

But I don't see how sexual orientation has anything to do with guns or the 2nd amendment.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
For some reason I see this thread heading downhill very soon :p I only say that because I thought of a million smart comments to post but I am holding my tongue. ;D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice Job reinforcing the sterotype about gun owners! It is my position that we need as many allies as we can have. I am a straight white male. I am also an instructor with an internationally known training organization. I value my freedoms and will take every opportunity to spread the sunshine to whoever expresses interest and whoever wants to avail themselves of their rights to self defense and gun ownership. Preaching to the choir is not going ot get it done. Woman, minorities, and other groups are going to be the savior of the second amendment gentleman, not white conservative republican men. One day, when the republicans lose and we lose our gun rights, you'll be lamenting that "they just don't get it" . I hope you'll ask yourselves "how much effort did I make to evangalize gun rights and freedoms to these people." The best courses I have taught have been woman only defensive pistol classes. Nothing quite like teaching a liberal to shoot and making them understand that its not about guns, its about freedom. My liberal wife just said to me the other day "I offered to give Sue my extra thing of pepper spray because of the recent assualts on TV. She carries a 38 in her purse, how cool is that! One more convert. Anyways this thread was meant to be about 30 cal xcr's not social acceptance and evangalizing gun rights, so this will likely be my last comment on the "Fagpul" topic.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Damien, I agree, I think that women are the future of shooting. If mom says you can shoot you are good to go. Many moms out there rule the roost when it comes to extra curicular activities, dads are just too bust (infortunately) to take care of it. My mom is the one that took me hunting and encouraged me to keep at the sport (dad died when I was 10). My wife attended Ladies Pistol at Gunsite this past summer and is looking forward to going back with me for the 250 course. She said more than one lady in the course had never fired a weapon and were "liberal" in every sense of the word.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
As long as you have my gas blocks you own me...I admit it. :dontknow:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
:blah: :blah: :blah:

We've all heard that before ;D ;)

·
Registered
448 Posts
LOL.

First off Damien, welcome to the forum!

I'd also invite you to click on my link and see all my previous posts.

That's wonderful that you have that experience as an instructor and all, and a part of me agrees with you.

But as many others in the past, and on other forums, if you get on a soapbox expect to get hit w/some tomatoes.  

The thing about me is that I just see someone on a soap box, listen to what they say, may agree with him (or her) or not.  But then I look down and see that I have tomatoes and I tell myself, "Well, what the hell!" and let nature take it's course.

And I'll let this be known, many know what I do for a living infact I made those posts right after i had to deal with, well, a shit situation.  

As a matter of fact, if some "rainbow type" can shoot, and I need cover, then right behind me he can, and should be.

This should tell you something about where I come from:

I enjoy seeing the drama unfold because, well, ....it's entertaining.

And by the way, what does any of this have to do with the 7.62x39 conversion kits.

Lex, yep, another one for the bottom forum.  

Man, why do all my posting end up there?  And I hardly whine. LOL

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
There is another blog for political shit. Whats the word on the 7.62x39 kits and most importantly mags (as they will fit my 6.5 Whatsamafug conversion???? Whats about the whatsamafug kits? :deadhorse: :clap: :bolt:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.