XCR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
275 Posts
Form 1 e-file has been around longer than e-file for form 4, and it’s been 7-26 day turnaround for a while. It appears to be a separate queue and separate team of examiners. Form 4s e-file is currently around 8 months although there are some signs that there are new examiners being added, and the paper form 4 backlog is nearly done.

I share Sean’s notion that if the brace rule goes into effect, the backlog of e-filed form 1s may drastically increase the wait. I’ve been waffling between filing form 1s while the short wait time remains and waiting to see what happens, since the brace rule has once again been postponed.

· Registered
275 Posts
You and me both. Plus, not that I sell anything, but factory SBR's are way more sellable than Form 1 SBR's.
Is that actually clear? The reason I ask is that a Form 1 SBR can be easily removed from the registry, remove the stock, and sold immediately as a pistol for fast transfer. I’m not certain that a factory SBR can be removed from the registry, and if you sell an NFA item as a NFA item, it’s definitely harder than selling a non-NFA pistol.
I get it from the perspective that people might prefer things that are original as from the factory—I know that I would.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts