XCR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the chances of this film being good, not a hatchet job just before the election, or filled with simple objectivity...judging by the trailer...ZERO!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Well, I am not a "W" fan at all and I think some of his policies/actions unfortunately have soured many folks on the Republicans this November. That being said, there is no way in hell Oliver Stone (i.e. Hollywood) can be objective on this subject. I am still pissed about his JFK movie. It was severely lacking in facts and some segments he just made up. So I can only imagine what "facts" this new movie will be based on. The timing of release is indeed interesting and can only hurt McCain, who in my opinion is not running a very good campaign so far. I have total respect for McCain but he has to be one of the worst public speakers since Ford or Carter. Couple that with Obama being one of the best orators since Reagan and you have one of the most interesting match ups in a long time. I just hope folks vote for McCain's substance over Obama's speeches.

·
Registered
919 Posts
This film was obviously produced to be a political weapon. They should consider the entire operating budget of the film a campaign contribution to Obama.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Hate to admit it, I am a registered Democrat. That said, :2cents:I have not voted Democrat since Kennedy. I am unhappy about SEVERAL issues with George W. Bush. But, you have to admit, he really hasn't did that bad. What if Jimmy Carter ot Bill Clinton would have been in office? What would have their response?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Well, I am not a "W" fan at all and I think some of his policies/actions unfortunately have soured many folks on the Republicans this November. That being said, there is no way in hell Oliver Stone (i.e. Hollywood) can be objective on this subject. I am still pissed about his JFK movie. It was severely lacking in facts and some segments he just made up. So I can only imagine what "facts" this new movie will be based on. The timing of release is indeed interesting and can only hurt McCain, who in my opinion is not running a very good campaign so far. I have total respect for McCain but he has to be one of the worst public speakers since Ford or Carter. Couple that with Obama being one of the best orators since Reagan and you have one of the most interesting match ups in a long time. I just hope folks vote for McCain's substance over Obama's speeches.
Obama is only a good orator if he is reading from a teleprompter. Otherwise every other word is "uh". Just words? Yea Obama, just words. Listen and you can tell the difference. The man can't answer a direct question from Katie Couric!
The only time you need to explain your actions is when they are not sincere or for show. If the citizens of this country need everything explained to them then we have bigger problems then a good talker!

·
Registered
919 Posts
What if Jimmy Carter ot Bill Clinton would have been in office? What would have their response?
A nasty letter

If the citizens of this country need everything explained to them then we have bigger problems then a good talker!
Then we have bigger problems then a good talker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts