XCR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took her out for the first time today. AE ran fine, so did S&B. Brown Bear had FTF every 25 rnds or so. Put about 300 rnds through her so I hope to be able to run my extensive stock of BB & Wolf through her with no issues.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The more you use it the better it gets. Hose it down with Militech1, shoot it till hot, hose it down again. Go home, clean & hose it again. After three shooting sessions, done this way, a film will pennetrate the weapon metal and you should be good to go. I have had bad luck with Brown Bear with my AR, but don't have any left to try with my XCR. Wolf has been no problem after break in. S&B is great ammo. :2cents:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Break in period is normal, don't worry. She'll get smooth... real smooth. Took about 400 rounds for me... ran it very wet and on the highest gas setting.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I suggest checking all the bolts as well while your are breaking it in and every time you clean it. The only ones I've ever found loose were the ejector and after two torque cycles have never found them loose again. I just make it part of my preventive maintenance and it still takes less time to clean and maintain than any other gun I've had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts