XCR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the flash hider on our beloved XCR's easily removable? Might attempted a swap tonight with a Phantom flash hider...

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This might be an oversimplification,but I wrapped an Allen wrench with electrical tape,then put it into the slots in the flash hider,then turned it off by hand.A skinny screwdriver would work too.You might need someone to help hold the rifle while you do this.I just held it between my knees.
I was actually thinking the same thing! Good idea, will be trying that if the vice thing fails. Thanks...

·
Registered
449 Posts
We is all assuming that you don't live like me in a wonderful place like NJ where the muzzle brake has to be permanently fixed.....

If you can't release is have a look on the underside of the FH/MB and see if there is a filled in bubble about 1/8" in diameter where it may have been drilled, pinned and filled. In that case, drill and Dremel fun abounds........

Hopefully you are good though

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I live in Canada, luckily it is not pinned. I tried a couple different ways, but they were not sturdy enough...Even scratched my barrel a little! But it is small and the receiver covers it up anyway, thank god! Anyway, took Terra's advice with the plastic vice blocks, but I used wood instead (didn't have any plastic blocks).....So I Dremeled a bit of a concave on each of the wood blocks so it would grip the barrel better and gave it a try...But it slipped....then I remembered i forgot to wrap a towel around it (this is key). With the towel it was a snap, wish I did all this in the first place, came off very easy! Thought this explanation might help some mechanically inclined people out (like myself)...Cheers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts